Senior Manager of Data Science
- Malvern, PA
Manages a team of data scientists responsible for a portfolio of diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analytics projects to support data-driven business decision making. Supports the continuous evolution and strategy of Vanguard's data science capabilities.
- Hires, evaluates, and supervises crew. Provides guidance and training as necessary to develop crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Lead the AI/ML Business Solutions team that is in charge of developing innovative ML solutions to support key business goals, focusing on Vanguard's direct business (B2C, Retail).
- Manages a team of data scientists responsible for building novel and impactful set of ML-driven solutions, using ML techniques for targeting models, natural language (NLP), supervised, unsupervised, and reinforcement learning. Supports the continuous evolution and strategy of Vanguard's data science capabilities.
- Lead the deployment and socialization of custom ML solutions, to supports key business goals and KPI's. Working with intra and inter department stakeholders to support deployment, integration, updates, upgrades and measurement of solutions.
- Oversees the execution of large scale, most complex analytics solutions. Bring new and innovative ideas to inspire and nurture the culture of applied AI/ML capabilities, solutions and multi-task engines. Partnering with the ML Engineer team to support technical implementation ML-solutions/models.
- Partner with the Strategy team to create a robust and innovative roadmap to support key business objectives.
- Engages with senior leadership to understand and probe business processes in order to develop hypotheses and lead the AI/ML development agenda. Brings structure to requests and translates requirements into a ML approach.
- Drives innovative analytic applications and results. Keeps abreast of industry, market and company trends, and partners with business leaders to champion the adoption of new data, analytic approaches, techniques and capabilities.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of ten years related work experience in advanced analytical/ML roles.
- Experience with ML algorithms and methods, including supervised, unsupervised, NLP, reinforcement learning, statistical learning (parametric and non-parametric), deep learning, concepts of modern ML tools and cloud computing.
- Undergraduate degree in Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Statistics or related analytical field of study or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top