Senior Manager of Client Loyalty
Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, is dedicated to client centricity and ethical investing, which has earned us lasting connections with advisory firms across the United States. To continue our favorable engagement with these firms, we are seeking a Senior Manager to lead the Client Loyalty Program for our Financial Advisor Services (FAS) business.
This Senior Manager will lead a team charged with devising the loyalty strategy for FAS, providing consulting and thought leadership to senior FAS business leaders, and driving and executing plans and processes that enhance the FAS client experience to earn continued vocal loyalty and advocacy for Vanguard at advisory firms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs strategy development with respect to client loyalty at advisory firms. Establishes consistent practices and measures to ensure quality of the client experience. Considers implications and dependencies across programs, establishes processes and clearly defines expectations, and initiates improvement projects. Champions ways to raise the quality of the client experience.
- Consults with business leaders to establish strategic direction and deliver solutions that meet advisor objectives as well as the needs of their clients/investors.
- Provides thought leadership to guide FAS's business success and evolution. Partners with senior team to define advocacy vision, goals, priorities and initiatives based on understanding of client and employee feedback, industry trends, competitive environment, and broader Vanguard goals.
- Leads a team of employees to success by fostering an inclusive environment and managing to diverse needs.
- Creates a culture of engagement by providing personalized coaching, training, and motivation. Sets standards, reviews performance, and provides feedback, all in order to develop staff.
- Identifies staffing gaps and supports hiring needs.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of projects and is proactive in proposing opportunities for integration. Communicates with peers to ensure proper alignment with other client experience programs.
- Participates in the prioritization, implementation scheduling, and budgeting for applicable larger project initiatives. Actively manages upward and downward project pressures and works with business and project partners to continuously re-align projects, programs, capabilities and costs to ensure cohesive and efficient design and implementation.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight years business experience, with five to seven years of progressively responsible and related client loyalty management experience.
- Familiarity with Net Promoter Systems preferred.
- Excellent leadership, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Strong project management skills, client relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Proven competencies in data and information systems and advanced analytics.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to motivate/inspire a team.
- Proven ability to develop and implement unique solutions.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to break down organizational barriers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical information to various levels throughout the division.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently, with attention to details and sensitivity to deadlines.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top