Senior Manager, IT Risk
Vanguard's IT team is on a transformative journey to innovate and modernize our approach to technology. Leveraging modern approaches such as Cloud, Lean, and DevOps, we're working with key experts to deliver great business results while operating within an environment of risk-aware decision making. One of the key teams within this fast paced IT environment is the Risk and Controls team - respected and informed risk professionals who complement IT work by diving deep into technology and helping to address a wide range of multifaceted issues. Vanguard is currently seeking a Senior IT Risk Manager to join this revolutionary mission.
In this role, you'll sit at the table with senior IT leaders - including the CIO and his team - in key strategy sessions to share knowledge and support the implementation of risk best practices. This role is perfect for professionals who seek opportunities to act as proactive consultants, offer inventive solutions, lead high-performing teams, and help Vanguard's businesses evolve.
How you'll spend your days
As a Senior IT Risk Manager, you'll spend your days collaborating in an encouraging, inclusive environment that welcomes diversity of thinking and input from all voices. IT leaders will seek your knowledge and experience during the design and development of technology, as well as during service or operating model changes. Actively identifying issues, advising on risk best practices, and developing effective mitigation strategies will enhance risk management standards, support audit activity, and drive a strong risk-aware culture. Providing creative solutions to more perplexing or unusual challenges will establish a fresh approach to risk management and empower stakeholders to meet business goals. Finally, effectively communicating risk insights will enrich understanding of risk themes and reassure internal clients that they are making informed and advantageous decisions.
As a people leader, you'll spend your days developing a small, nimble team by providing guidance, personalized coaching, and constructive feedback. Fostering a warm, collaborative, and challenging work environment will enable a culture of engagement and trust. As a Senior IT Risk Manager, you will personally have a hand in creating the next generation of risk leaders.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight years progressively responsible Operations Management, Compliance, Risk Management, or Auditing experience from which was obtained expertise in internal control management.
- Minimum of two years related management experience with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Well rounded understanding of Vanguard's business, operations, and technology as well as risk and compliance.
- Blend of operational/business control and process skills with sound business judgment, able to apply practical thinking in weighing the potential for risk against business decisions.
- Broad conceptual thinker with a practical orientation and ability to translate complex risk concepts into executable programs and to align operational controls with business objectives.
- Communication and influence skills, able to navigate, persuade and build buy-in across a matrix structure.
- Excellent relationship management, communication, and analytical skills required.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Claire O.Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top