Senior Manager, Investment Marketing Strategic Support
- Malvern, PA
Senior Manager, Investment Marketing Strategic Support
Shape a new investment marketing organization at Vanguard. Translate Vanguard's world-class investment management capabilities and investment product offer into improved investor outcomes.
As a member of our leadership team, you will lead a team that provides investment and marketing expertise and builds new capabilities to improve the health and commercial success of Vanguard's investment products. This is a truly collaborative role that intersects across investment management, investment product strategy and development, client marketing, corporate communications, and sales. Turn your passion for marketing and investment products into a world of opportunity at Vanguard!
In this role, you will:
- Develop and manage the strategic investment marketing planning and development processes for new and existing investment categories and products.
- Lead a team responsible for developing investment marketing capabilities and elevating Marketing's role as a strategic partner to Vanguard's investment product strategy and management, investment management, and sales groups to drive the health and commercial success of Vanguard's investment products.
- Hire, evaluate, and supervise crew. Provide guidance and training to develop crew. Set performance standards, reviews performance, and make informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain a multi-year program that clearly identifies governance, specific initiatives, capabilities, processes and tasks needed to build a strategic investment marketing organization. Provide written and verbal communication to many different audiences within Vanguard on the status of the program. Develop strong relationships with program leadership, sponsors, and work stream leads.
- Lead cross-divisional marketing initiatives, such as new fund launches, improvements to existing products, and broader product category-level campaigns. Drive all phases of the lifecycle from strategy and research through implementation and in-market. Ensure that business objectives are delivered with high quality and within targeted timeframes. Manage cross-functional teams and prepares and presents analyses and recommendations to senior management at various forums.
- Partner with stakeholders in marketing, corporate communications, investment product strategy and management, and investment management to align Marketing team's objectives to cross-functional priorities and execute marketing plans. Creates sustainable interaction models and processes.
- Guide the creation of dynamic content and technical marketing used to position Vanguard investment products and to respond to investor queries. Ensure coordination and consistency of product-related marketing content and external communications across divisions.
- Elevate the marketing expertise of the Investment Marketing leadership team. Maintains a broad knowledge of product marketing industry forces, competition, and trends to act as a trusted advisor in developing marketing strategies.
Fulfilling your Mission
This group shares in Vanguard's mission to take a stand for all investors. You will support this mission while driving the organization forward through the continuous development of both new and existing crew. You'll gain consensus on strategy, positioning, and story ideas through your keen ability to engage and influence others. Are you up for the challenge?
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required. Graduate degree in marketing preferred. CFA charter is a plus.
- Eight years related work experience, including five years' experience in product marketing or product management. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Deep marketing expertise and marketing program management experience are required. Able to coach and develop candidate with the aptitude, interest and discipline to build investment, product and financial market expertise.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills (assertive, consensus building).
- Ability to direct, align, manage, persuade and influence senior leaders to achieve a coordinated process with optimal outcomes.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in delivering cross-departmental projects, strong project management and project leadership.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).
- Broad understanding of the investment and financial advisor industry.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts quickly and complete multiple and diverse assignments with the highest level of quality.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top