Senior Manager, Investment Marketing Category Owner
- Malvern, PA
Senior Manager, Investment Marketing Category Owner
Shape a new investment marketing organization at Vanguard. Translate Vanguard's active investment management capabilities and investment product offer into improved investor outcomes. As a member of our investment marketing leadership team, you will lead a team responsible for improving investor outcomes and driving the commercial success of Vanguard's actively managed investment products, with a specific emphasis on Vanguard's active fixed income product offer. This is a truly collaborative role that intersects across investment management, investment product strategy and development, client marketing, corporate communications, and sales. Turn your passion for marketing and investment products into a world of opportunity at Vanguard!
In this role, you will:
- Support corporate investment product strategy by developing a marketing strategy specific to Vanguard's active fixed income offer and leading a team in the execution of that strategy. Manage the integration of marketing strategy, planning and execution across divisions. Drive content strategy, development and distribution, in line with corporate and divisional goals.
- Hire, evaluate and supervise crew. Provide guidance and training to develop crew. Set performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures. Foster a positive working environment that generates team building, creative thinking and crew development.
- Establish the vision for investment marketing strategy, planning, measurement, and relationship management for active fixed income product category. Monitor product marketing activity, progress, and results and develops monthly management reporting and periodic investment product category marketing reports.
- Create and maintain an annual marketing plan that clearly identifies governance, specific initiatives, capabilities, processes and tasks needed to drive the health of the investment product category. Provide written and verbal communication to many different audiences within Vanguard on the status of the program. Develop strong relationships with senior leadership and sponsors.
- Lead the integration of marketing strategy, planning and execution across divisions, driving content strategy, development and distribution, in line with corporate and divisional goals. Create and execute on effective interaction models and processes with key internal partners.
- Develop dynamic content and technical marketing used to position Vanguard investment products. Ensure coordination and consistency of product-related marketing content and external communications across divisions. Ensure a consistent feedback loop across marketing, product, and sales to prioritize content.
- Lead cross-divisional marketing initiatives, such as new fund launches, improvements to existing products, and broader product category-level campaigns. Drive all phases of the lifecycle from strategy and research through implementation and in-market. Manage cross-functional teams and prepares and presents analyses and recommendations to senior management at various forums.
Fulfilling your Mission
This group shares in Vanguard's mission to take a stand for all investors. You will support this mission while driving the organization forward through the continuous development of both new and existing crew. You'll gain consensus on strategy, positioning, and story ideas through your keen ability to engage and influence others. Are you up for the challenge?
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Master's degree / MBA or specialized knowledge/experience/certifications in economics/financial markets/asset management preferred. CFA charter is a plus.
- Eight years related work experience, including five years' experience in product marketing or product management. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Deep investment expertise in fixed income investments and markets is preferred. Able to coach and develop candidate with the right level of aptitude, interest and discipline to build investment expertise beyond fixed income as well as broad marketing expertise.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills (assertive, consensus building).
- Ability to direct, align, manage, persuade and influence senior leaders to achieve a coordinated process with optimal outcomes.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in delivering cross-departmental projects, strong project management and project leadership.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).
- Broad understanding of the investment and financial advisor industry.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts quickly and complete multiple and diverse assignments with the highest level of quality.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top