Senior Manager, Global Benefits Offer
Bring inspiring leadership
At Vanguard, we're committed to our crew and their well-being. And that means providing world-class benefits and total reward offerings. As a Senior Manager, Global Benefits, you'll encourage, motivate, and lead the global benefits function in the efficient and effective delivery of Total Rewards services. By doing so, you'll translate our common sense of purpose into everyday excellence. In return, we'll offer you the chance to grow personally and expertly. Are you ready to make it count?
In this role, you will
- Manage staff, building a strong team atmosphere. Conduct regular one-on-one meetings and provide leadership, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hire, evaluate and counsel personnel.
- Lead the Global Retirement and Savings, Global Health Management and Global Well-being and Lifestyle Benefits Leads to design short, medium, and long-term strategies for global benefit programs, including retirement savings plans, health and welfare, work-life, total health management, voluntary benefits, academic assistance, leaves of absence, and global mobility programs and services in alignment with Vanguard's overall talent attraction and retention objectives.
- Foster and provide mentorship for the inventorying and benchmarking of Vanguard benefit programs and inform resulting renewals and initiation of new programs globally.
- Monitor and analyze effectiveness of programs based on company standard metrics (e.g., health trends, participation rates, benchmark data, costs, health outcomes) and comparing with industry standard methodologies and benchmarks. Develop plans to address gaps as needed.
- Ensure that all benefit plans are updated regularly based on changes in the business, competitive, and/or regulatory environment, and that these benefits maintain alignment with Vanguard's overall total rewards strategy and Employee Value Proposition.
- Provide broad oversight for and coordinate with the Regional Total Rewards Specialists for all regional benefit plans. Drive the development of the benefits communication strategy. Partner with the business leaders to message the value to crew of benefit programs including the industry landscape and rationale for key policy or program changes. Work with the partners to develop a communication strategy for open enrollment changes, pricing, and plan details across channels. Ensure durable content is updated.
Build experiences that matter
Does your real passion for leadership match your knowledge of the Benefits field? Then use those skills to craft the future and bring innovation to our Global Benefits. Combining empathy and kindness with the exacting standards and straight-talking communication skills to help people meet their full potential, you'll also develop a team that serve our crew. As you launch the next phase of your career, we'll be there every step of the way, supporting you with the tools and training to turn your dreams into action.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum eight years general experience with specifically related progressively responsible benefits experience, including supervision of staff.
- Progressive experience in benefits administration with growing responsibility.
- Experience working with senior leadership.
- Experience in the development and implementation of initiatives from strategy through to execution.
- Experience managing and working with teams across locations.
- Experience working in a global organization preferred.
Specializations that'll make an impact
- Understanding of HR policies and processes.
- Deep understanding of global benefit programs, including healthcare and retirement, and trends.
- Broad knowledge of benefits regulations, including ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA and FMLA.
- Strong executive presence.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize and present information in a clear and concise way to a variety of audiences.
- People leadership skills including mentoring, training and day-to-day management of direct reports.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top