Senior Manager - DevSecOps - MarTech
- Malvern, PA
Create products that are changing an industry.
At Vanguard, we continue to invest in redefining our organizations to support the rapid growth of marketing. Driven by core tenets of modern marketing - agile marketing, digital experience, Big Data, customer-centricity, compelling content, and marketing automation - we passionate about crafting structures, operating models, and processes that will enable us to support our business imperatives effectively. We believe transformations are a movement that requires alignment of team values and attitude to build a cohesive culture across our business and technology teams.
The Enterprise MarTech Platforms technology group is empowering Vanguard Marketing divisions to reach their audiences in more meaningful and relevant ways, driving incremental business value with personalized, contextually relevant experiences. We never stop working to make investing simpler, flawless, and more successful for our clients. We combine the art of content and the science of experimentation to power special, coordinated customer and prospect experiences across digital and traditional marketing channels.
Leading Vanguard's DevSecOps team within the MarTech Platforms Engineering organization, you are responsible for voicing support for and applying DevSecOps principles and processes to drive innovation in the design, development, and implementation of Vanguard's MarTech platform capabilities. You will combine People, Process, Technology, and Governance to incorporate a secure culture, practices, and tools. With a key focus on software and security automation throughout the CI/CD delivery pipeline, you and your team will serve as the liaison between Product, Engineering, and Technical Operations.
In this high-visibility role, you will:
- Lead a team that supports MarTech platform release coordination and management, software development automation, QA assurance/testing, site reliability engineering (SRE), managed services.
- Build an AWS cloud infrastructure architecture aligning security, compliance, performance, and resilience
- Share a point of view and standard methodologies for implementing cloud security (internal) and product security (external)
- Lead all aspects of the management and remediation of identified security flaws within our development platforms
- Build and maintain monitoring, auditing, and reporting frameworks that produce artifacts that support security and compliance needs
- Work with Product and Engineering to craft and implement new features and functionality based on marketing requirements and use cases as reflected in epics and user stories
- Automate all levels of testing (unit testing, sprint/integration testing, user acceptance testing (UAT), usability testing); resolve defects identified during the different testing levels.
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure divisional marketing objectives and requirements are effectively incorporated into the MarTech solution architecture and design, staying in sync with Vanguard's data security, privacy, and other industry regulations
What it takes
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems or a related field
- Security standard methodologies - implementing enterprise-level security solutions
- Demonstrated ability with AWS development and management (AWS Associate certification or higher preferred
- Proven experience building and leading large handled services function for digital consumer-facing platforms using globally distributed teams (near-shore and off-shore)
- Experience with cloud-based security management/IDS/IPS/SIEM tools, such as Splunk, Dome9, AlienVault, AlertLogic, Fortinet, Threat Stack, etc.
- Programming or scripting experience (Java, Python, Ruby, etc.).
- Full Stack Engineering with familiarity in database/development and deploying applications in the cloud
- Hands-on experience using code repository tools such as Git and planning tools such as Jira
- Knowledge of one or more SSO methodologies (SAML, LDAP, MS AD)
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Also, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top