Senior Manager, Data & Analytic Solutions
- Malvern, PA
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager, within Data Management Solutions, to help Vanguard succeed on our quest to change the way the world invests. You will serve as a thought leader for data management operations, strategy, and goals, aligning with department and enterprise strategy. You will oversee a team of Data Management specialists and managers, including Data Engineers, Data Quality & Stewardship, and Data Block Development.You will tackle the most crucial and challenging opportunities we face and work with exceptional colleagues across disciplines. Together we will ensure Vanguard continues to give all investors the best chance for investing success.
Retail Data and Analytics Solutions has been established as a center of excellence for advanced analytics and data for Vanguard's Retail business. Our mission is to amplify the value of Vanguard's information and bring it to bear on the challenges our clients face.
1. Hires, evaluates, and supervises crew. Provides guidance and training as necessary to develop crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
2. Provides leadership and approvals for major data management projects. Oversees expected delivery dates, budget allocations, and regulatory requirements. Acts as a point of escalation for time sensitive and highly complex requests.
3. Leads specialists and managers handling routine and ad hoc data requests. Serves as a point of escalation for requests and issues. Provides insight on best practices and assists team with obstacles. Ensures the team meets tactical and strategic objectives per assigned data domain and overall division strategy.
4. Mentors and coaches crew with training, tools, and career counseling. Provides the opportunity for crew to learn new processes and develop skills.
5. Builds, partners, and manages stakeholder relationships throughout complex data projects across business areas. Balances data management strategy, governance, and quality to ensure consistency across teams.
6. Tracks team performance against key financial and operations metrics. Evaluates and analyzes data to prioritize team actions.
7. Tracks industry trends, new products, and internal changes to communicate relevant information to direct reports and senior leaders.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
RIG Strategic Support looks to propel RIG's performance to achieve a sustainable advantage. RIG Data & Analytic solutions, in team within RSS Strategic Enablement, seeks to provide the right information solutions to our crew and clients, in a timely, accessible and complete manner to empower on decision making. The Data Management Solutions (DMS) transforms raw data into accurate, complete, and usable information, and serves as data stewards by monitoring data quality, developing the appropriate data block architecture, and documenting data lineage.
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top