Senior Manager, Advice Offer Strategy
Define advice solutions for financial advisors
Do you have a passion for advice and strategy? Do you have experience in Financial Advisor ecosystem? Do you want to do groundbreaking work helping Vanguard achieve future aspirations?
If you answered yes to these, come join the program that is helping Vanguard enter the Software as a Service (SaaS) business with solutions for Financial Advisors. It is a fun, highly collaborative team with a focus on outcomes, new ways of working and focusing on the customer
Vanguard is building advice technology offers to help improve the effectiveness and efficiency of financial advisors. This Senior Manager will drive the offer strategy by developing strategic insights, defining new offers and refining the investment case. You will have a deep understanding of the advisor technology ecosystem, strategic insight generation experience, and expertise in defining business cases for SaaS initiatives. Proven track record of success driving results in matrixed organizations and leading teams to success through ambiguous situations. You will benefit from experience in inorganic capability acquisition.
In this role, you will:
Some key highlights: The role will help define the offer strategy for advisor technology with a key focus on insight generation, building strong value propositions and defining the business case. Key skills include: strong advisor tech expertise, good amount of strategy experience including executive communication and collaborate cross functionally.
What's the scope of the Offer Strategy Lead? What experience would be gained from it?
- Define the offer strategy for FAS Advisor Technology
- Generate strong strategic insights from advisor, competitor and Vanguard perspectives
- Identify value drivers and develop recommendations to gain value
- Build and maintain a SaaS business case
- Explore options to acquire advice capabilities including external sources
- Work collaboratively in a fast paced, matrixed environment across strategy, product and technology teams
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Strong knowledge of the external advisor technology ecosystem
- Experience developing strategy for high priority programs or business organizations
- Deep understanding of SaaS economics and how to win in this space
- Strong people leader utilizing play player-coach role
- Experience identifying and acquiring external capabilities
- Establishes relationships with people at all levels with ease and comfort, and have the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Serves as a role model to others in terms of executive presence, communication skills and sound judgment.
What it takes
- Minimum of eight years related business experience, with at least four years of project management experience. Previous people-leadership experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top