Senior Machine Learning Engineer
- Malvern, PA
Making data deliver for investors
From our rare ownership structure to our low-cost options, Vanguard is committed to the belief that nothing should stand in the way of investors meeting their goals. We're making use of advanced data analytics to tackle our most hard problems, removing obstacles to investment and develop deeper market and business insights. As a Machine Learning Engineer at our Center for Analytics & Insights (CAI), you'll build sophisticated solutions that support a wide range of advanced data driven capabilities. Make it count.
In this role, you will:
- Apply your technological expertise to address the data challenges that our business and our clients face, using insights to turn challenges into opportunities
- Translates business specifications into design specifications and codes accordingly, in a well-structured and modularized fashion
- Keen on learning about various tools and techniques for data wrangling and pipe-lining. Heavy focus on ML and AI aspects of data engineering
- Prototype new approaches and production solutions at scale
- Collaborate with our Advanced Analytics team to collect and manage large-scale data-sets that support better investment decisions
- Keep up to speed with the latest industry and technology developments, and apply them to solve data and analytics challenges focused on business performance
- Lead activities such as quality assurance and data migration and integration to ensure clients and investors get the best business benefit
Be the guide who makes the difference
Your skills are critical to looking after the best interests of our investors. That's because solving our most complex business problems and strategic questions requires expert-level technical and data services. Not content with today's data solutions, you'll constantly be scanning the horizon for even better ways of doing things. Joining a team of highly hardworking, cross-disciplinary individuals in our CAI will broaden your point of view and enhance your impact.
What it takes
- Minimum of eight years data analytics, programming, database administration, or data management experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Familiarity with Dockers, REST APIs, Web Scraping, AWS or similar cloud services is a requirement
- Familiar with data frameworks like Hadoop, Spark in Java/Python/Scala
- Hands-on experience in deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow and Keras is a plus
- Experienced knowledge in a range of technologies within your technical specialty-from state-of-the-art to legacy systems
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top