Senior Java Developer
To provide senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for mainframe-, client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based systems for Investment Systems.
Java development (Mid-Tier)
Automation experience using Cucumber
Writing Given, When, Then's
Investment industry experience
Nice to have's:
RCP development experience
Minimum of CFA Level 1
AWS Cloud development
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides expert level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
2. Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports. Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
3. Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
4. Expert in software development methodology and architecture standards. Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves issues elevated from staff with less experience. Recommends enterprise-wide improvements.
5. Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients.
6. Performs systems analysis, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
7. Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer may write these items.
8. Maintains a comprehensive understanding of Investment Management business functions (Equity, Fixed Income, ETF, Foreign Exchange, and/or OTC contracts). Combines technical and functional knowledge to produce highly functional solutions to Investment Management business problems. Has a broad understanding of Vanguard's technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Eight years developer or systems analyst experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the following development practices and concepts:
- - Production acceptance, including elevations and change management.
- - Interfaces, feeds, and event schedules.
- - Quality assurance methodology and Inspections.
- - Use case standards.
- - Systems analysis and design techniques.
- - System/subsystem requirements.
- - Libraries, reusable code, and/or object oriented standards.
- - Screen, report, and query design.
- Advanced knowledge of current versions of the following products:
- -Microsoft Office Suite.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top