Senior IT Risk Analyst
To lead and execute risk assessments for the business and provide oversight and guidance for business-led self assessments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans and executes risk assessments with a high degree of complexity involving detailed knowledge of the processes and risks associated with a specific domain. Utilizes the risk management framework to identify and evaluate risks and controls relating to business processes and controls. Demonstrates technical expertise for complex business activities across multiple divisions. Develops and delivers final risk assessments.
2. Identifies all necessary risk inputs including prior assessments, control environment, issues and events and works with technical experts across the domains when necessary to complete a complex end-to-end assessment. Assists in the compilation and overall view of risk for the division by analyzing disparate data. Consults with SMEs across the company as necessary to ensure correct conclusions are drawn.
3. Establishes and maintains relationships with mid and high-level management within the business. Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence decision making.
4. Reviews risk documentation for technical accuracy and consistency. Ensures all documentation reflects enterprise risk protocols, standards, and procedures.
5. Manages risk projects. Schedules time and delegates responsibilities, monitors the progress of the team, and proposes modifications to current processes. Focuses on project documentation to improve control efficiency and effectiveness.
6. Monitors self assessments completed by the business, and reviewed by junior team members, to ensure accuracy and adherence with methodology. Provides guidance to junior team members on opportunities to ensure completeness and accuracy of self assessments.
7. Develops a thorough and comprehensive understanding of the processes, issues, regulatory environment and controls associated with all assignments.
8. Provides training, guidance, and motivation in understanding the business process and controls needed to less experienced team members.
9. Maintains current risk knowledge by attending conferences, completing all required certifications, researching, and utilizing network. Continually works to better understand the businesses served.
10. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Related certification and/or bachelor's degree in business, finance, or accounting preferred.
- Minimum of five years related business experience with functional operations management, compliance, risk management, or auditing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated project management experience and a working knowledge of risk management processes.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to execute critical independent thinking in order to make sound judgments.
- Ability to complete a required risk management certification.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top