Senior IT Controls and Auditing Analyst
- Malvern, PA
Create the products that are changing an industry
We never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. By promoting new ways of working, you'll optimize products and keep our client experience improving at an accelerated pace. As a Controls Analyst II you will provide senior level expertise for control-related matters. To assist the business with establishing and strengthening a highly-effective internal control framework.
This position supports IT controls testing and consulting and requires IT control auditing/testing experience. Approximately 40% of the job will be managing data, reports and dashboards generated through Ballast Point software.
- Provides senior level expertise for control-related matters. Collaborates with and influences technology leaders and crew to create, sustain, and strengthen internal control framework for the business through control identification, design, implementation, and testing.
- Assists team with design, implementation, and ongoing monitoring of key controls across the division.
- Provides consultation, facilitation and analytical support to ensure internal controls are properly aligned and implemented to ensure flawless service and compliance with all business partner expectations. Provides guidance and support to management, process, and control owners on responsibilities.
- Consults with leadership on complex control-related issues. Provides senior level consulting to the business on internal audit activities and results as well as risk mitigation initiatives in response to audit findings.
- Educates and influences business partners on control design and effectiveness and recommends actions to increase effectiveness of those controls.
- Develops effective working relationships throughout the subdivision & division. Collaborates with the department and management sharing best practices regarding key controls to influence and effectively communicate control solutions to all appropriate parties. Provides guidance, training and motivation necessary to create control awareness, ownership and accountability to crew.
- Consults with Enterprise Risk Management, Information Security, Internal Audit and external Audit, Corporate Compliance, Legal and other appropriate parties sharing expertise and knowledge to strengthen the control environment.
- Participates in special projects and performs other related activities as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required with emphasis in Auditing preferred.
- Minimum of five years industry experience.
- CIA, CISA,CRISC,CISSP, CISM or CPA designation preferred.
- Expert-level knowledge of internal control theory and practices, and Audit Techniques.
- Expert-level knowledge in designing /evaluating information technology controls preferred. Experience as an IT Auditor is a plus. Experience working in Vanguard's Internal Audit department is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent presentation skills to all levels of personnel.
- Strong consulting skills to include negotiation, influencing, and problem solving coupled with flexibility and sound business judgment.
- Solid analytical skills and understanding of processes, technology and operational concepts.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top