Senior IT Controls Analyst
Where controlling risk means protecting futures
At Vanguard, we put investors first, and that means putting security front and center. As an IT Controls Analyst, you'll work with the controls that keep our processes strong and secure. You will learn how Vanguard manages risk by assessing our IT systems and procedures, and apply that knowledge to continuously improve our controls across the organization. As we adopt new and cutting edge technology, you'll help us manage and control the associated risks. Your work will have a lasting impact on our business and our clients. Make it count.
In this role, you will
- Provide senior-level expertise for control-related matters
- Understand, establish and strengthen the Vanguard risk management framework, and use that expertise to evaluate risks and related controls
- Design, implement, test, and monitor controls throughout the business
- Become the authority on all things controls and serve as an advisor to leadership on trends and analysis
- Build relationships across divisions to share and develop standard methodologies
- Guide and motivate junior team members
Maximize processes to mitigate risk
When it comes to risk, you are leading the way to a more secure future. Your knowledge of controls will inspire changes and improvements to our risk management framework. Your passion and integrity enable you to motivate and inspire your teammates. We'll look to you for accurate analytics and recommendations to continue changing investing for the good of our clients around the world.
What it takes
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience with emphasis in Auditing-Risk Management preferred.
- Minimum of five years industry experience.
- CIA, CISA, CRISC, CISSP, CISM or CPA designation preferred.
- Senior-level knowledge of internal control theory and practices, and Audit Techniques.
- Senior-level knowledge in designing/evaluating information technology controls preferred. Experience as an IT Auditor is a plus.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Tamara T.Senior Leader, Talent Acquisition
Tamara and her team act as an embedded marketing team within the talent acquisition department, creating campaigns that reach the right candidates for Vanguard.
Back to top