Senior IT Auditor, Integrated Audit
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Senior IT Auditor to perform complex projects to help Vanguard identify and manage risk to its business and investors. Within the organization, the IT Audit Services (ITAS) team is seen as a critical line of defense for the organization. ITAS is comprised of hard-working, highly motivated, and technically skilled professionals who consistently deliver high-quality work in a dynamic environment. The team also promotes a flexible and well-balanced work environment. Senior IT auditors play a supporting role in all phases of the audit. Individuals in this role demonstrate professional curiosity, have a continuous improvement mindset, possess the desire/aptitude to rapidly learn new skills and exemplify the highest degree of trust and integrity
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute audits with a focus on business processes and their supporting IT processes, including: system mapping, data flow and interfaces, key report validation, application controls, IT general controls, and supporting IT infrastructure.
- Research new technologies, understand existing processes, and reference recognized standards and frameworks.
- Interface with our project clients to identify and understand potential risk areas. Contribute to the definition of final project scope.
- Analyze documentation, process information, technical configurations, or other client provided information and document the results of conversations and analysis.
- Clearly articulate the status and results of work performed, both orally and in written form, to internal management and the project client.
- Develop staff auditors in audit methodology, the understanding IT process and controls, and direct some staff activities.
- Operate effectively and with minimal supervision, within a team or independently, performing special projects and related duties, as assigned.
- Pursue continuous professional development through company paid internal/external training, certifications and/or continuing education Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Actively participate in Vanguard’s community service activities.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, MIS, Accounting, or a related discipline with solid academic credentials.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience, with recent experience in consulting, internal audit, compliance or other internal control functions.
- Foundational understanding of information technology risks and controls.
- Familiarity with common technology, project management, and control assessment frameworks (e.g., ITIL, NIST, and COBIT).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent project execution skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Professional certification (e.g., CISA, CIA, CISSP, CPA, etc.) is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 10% annually, including domestic and limited international travel. Typical travel in this role is 0 to 5% annually.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top