Senior IT Auditor, Infrastructure and Operations
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Senior IT Auditor to help identify and manage risk to its business and investors. Within the organization, the IT Audit Services (ITAS) team is seen as a critical line of defense for the organization. ITAS is comprised of hard-working, highly motivated, and technically skilled professionals who consistently deliver high-quality work in a dynamic environment. The team also promotes a flexible and well-balanced work environment. Senior IT auditors play a supporting role in all project phases, and will impact the future shape of the organization. Individuals in this role demonstrate professional curiosity, have a continuous improvement mindset, possess the desire/aptitude to rapidly learn new skills and exemplify the highest degree of trust and integrity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute projects and audits within the domains of: Emerging infrastructure technologies (e.g., cloud, mobile, unified communications, hyperconverged infrastructure, and ‘operational intelligence), Traditional infrastructure platforms (e.g. network, UNIX/Linux, Db2, Oracle, Windows server, end-user computing), Infrastructure services (e.g. ITIL processes, performance / capacity management, data center management / technology resilience, service oriented infrastructure, and network segmentation).
- Research new technologies, understand existing processes, and reference recognized standards and frameworks Interface with our project clients to identify and understand potential risk areas.
- Contribute to the definition of final project scope.
- Analyze documentation, process information, technical configurations, or other client provided information and document the results of conversations and analysis.
- Clearly articulate the status and results of work performed, both orally and in written form, to internal management and the project client.
- Develop staff auditors in audit methodology, the understanding IT process and controls, and direct some staff activities.
- Operate effectively and with minimal supervision, within a team or independently, performing special projects and related duties, as assigned.
- Pursue continuous professional development through company paid internal/external training, certifications and/or continuing education Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Actively participate in Vanguard’s community service activities
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Information Security, or a related discipline with solid academic credentials.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience, with 3+ years of recent experience in data center environments operations.
- Strong foundational understanding of infrastructure components, for instance, servers, operating systems (e.g. z/OS, Linux), data storage (e.g. SANs, databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2), directory services (Active Directory), and basic networking concepts.
- Working experience and/or technical knowledge of virtualization/cloud/mobile concepts and technology (e.g., VMware, OpenStack, AWS, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and MDM platforms).
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Professional certification (e.g., VCP, CCTP, CompTIA, CDCMP, CCNA/P, ITIL, Microsoft, UNIX, and CISA) is a plus.
- Exposure to internal audit, compliance or other internal control functions is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 10% annually, including domestic and limited international travel. Typical travel in this role is 0 to 5% annually.
Vanguard does not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top