Senior IT Auditor - Business Systems
As stewards of trillions of dollars, Vanguard is a business that operates on trust - trust that we make ethical choices, trust that necessary controls are in place, and trust that we employ knowledgeable, scrupulous crew. That's why we depend on Audit professionals to help us identify and manage risk to our business and investors. We are currently seeking a Senior IT Auditor to join the Global IT Audit Services (GTAS) team - a critical line of defense who helps shape the future of the IT agenda.
As a Senior IT Auditor, you'll leverage your industry and technical expertise to assist financial services teams in assessing and addressing IT-based risks and controls in all phases of the audit cycle. In this role, you'll support different business groups around the enterprise, enabling exposure to a variety of functions. Bring your future to Vanguard, and benefit from a flexible, engaging and well-balanced work environment, progressive development opportunities, as well as a prominent role in Vanguard's technology evolution.
The Strategy and Finance division is home to Vanguard's experts in Corporate Financial Services, Fund Financial Services, Internal Audit and Corporate Strategy. Our crew are high caliber professionals who provide financial and decision support leadership to all businesses at Vanguard across the globe. Integrity is key - as stewards of fund assets and Vanguard's assets, we must protect data, mitigate risk, stay competitive, and proactively establish business initiatives, all while returning value to clients. Strategy and Finance is a talent destination for exceptional financial minds looking to be part of a best-in-class organization that is one of Vanguard's most trusted voices.
As a Senior IT Auditor, you'll spend your days executing integrated business audits with a focus on IT processes, including: system mapping, data flow and interfaces, key report validation, application controls, IT general controls, and supporting IT infrastructure. Applying your knowledge of systems and how they perform, you'll research and develop test plans for new technologies, learn existing processes, and reference recognized standards and frameworks.
You'll help define your project's final scope through collaboration with business process auditors, in addition to analyzing, processing, and documenting client provided information, including technical configurations, process documentation, and the results of conversations and analysis. This position allows you to play a prominent role in developing, executing, and overseeing brand new audits and project plans, while also providing opportunities to get involved in plenty of intriguing and challenging internal projects and initiatives.
Although travel is minimal, there are opportunities to have global impact by partnering virtually with our offices in Australia, London, and other locations. You will also build and nurture critical relationships as you communicate the status and results of work performed to IT stakeholders, business management, and the project team. You'll also work closely with Mangers to further develop your skills in audit methodology, IT process and controls, and other applicable skills.
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, MIS, Accounting, or a related discipline with solid academic credentials.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience, with recent experience in consulting, internal audit, compliance or other internal control functions.
- Prior Big 4 experience is a plus.
- Foundational understanding of information technology risks and controls.
- Familiarity with common technology, project management, and control assessment frameworks (e.g., ITIL, NIST, and COBIT).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent project execution skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Professional certification (e.g., CISA, CIA, CISSP, CPA, etc.) is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 10% annually, including domestic and limited international travel. Typical travel in this role is 0 to 5% annually.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top