Senior IT Audit Manager, Infrastructure & Operations
Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Senior Audit Manager to help identify and manage risk to its business and investors. Within the organization, the Global Technology Audit Services (GTAS) team is seen as a critical line of defense for the organization. GTAS is comprised of hard-working, highly motivated, and technically-skilled professionals who consistently deliver high-quality work in a dynamic environment. The team promotes a flexible and well-balanced work environment. Senior Audit Managers are primarily responsible for managing and developing a dedicated team of professionals, setting strategy for their functional area, cultivating relationships with key stakeholders, and ensuring timely delivery of a risk-based audit engagement plan. Individuals in this role are avid learners, have a continuous improvement mindset, possess the desire and aptitude to question the status quo, drive innovation and exemplify the highest degree of credibility and integrity.
To set the strategic audit and advisory direction for the aligned division with broad oversight of the engagements. To engage with senior levels of management, including divisional leadership, to advise and report on risk, control and governance related topics as well as industry leading practices. To manage a team of people, including leaders, to aid in the achievement of enterprise and divisional goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee audit engagements and strategic projects within the domains of:
- Emerging infrastructure technologies (e.g., cloud, mobile, unified communications, hyper-converged infrastructure, and operational intelligence)
- Traditional infrastructure platforms (e.g. network, UNIX/Linux, Db2, Oracle, Windows server, end-user computing)
- Infrastructure services (e.g. ITIL processes, performance / capacity management, data center management / technology resilience, service oriented infrastructure, and network segmentation)
- Develops the annual engagement plan to for functional area to achieve departmental and corporate objectives across the global enterprise.
- Sets the short and long-term strategic direction for the Infrastructure and Operations Center of Excellence within GTAS.
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Works closely with Audit and IT management in the planning, development and execution of short and long term goals. Demonstrates initiative and creativity in independently recommending and implementing solutions.
- Builds and maintains effective and trusted relationships with IT management and other risk partners. Maintains knowledge of significant business projects, corporate changes, external trends, and the global regulatory landscape that may impact business activities and clients. Frequently meets with key stakeholders to evaluate and adjust direction of the audit engagement plan as appropriate.
- Effectively communicates the status and results of overall audit and advisory plan as well as enterprise-wide topics, both orally and in written form, to various levels of management. Influences senior management to act on recommendations to strengthen the control environment and make process improvements.
- Leads and/or participates in the development and execution of department, and possibly divisional, projects. Reviews expenses and ensures that the team is operating within budgetary guidelines.
- Recruits, trains and develops crew to ensure that an efficient and high standard of technical competence is maintained. Mentors crew, both in the department and across the enterprise.
- Contributes to creation and communication of departmental, management, and regulatory reporting as needed.
- Demonstrated experience with cloud, virtualization, and mobile technologies.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure components, for instance, servers, operating systems (e.g. z/OS, Linux), data storage (e.g. SANs, databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2), directory services (Active Directory), and networking concepts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Information Security, or a related discipline with solid academic credentials.
- Minimum of 9-12 years of experience, with 3+ years of recent experience in data center or operational
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent
project execution skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects,
anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with technical and non-technical audiences; ability to
present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and
promotes understanding by not over complicating the messaging.
- Willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-
improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Exposure to internal audit, consulting, risk management, or compliance experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 10% annually, including domestic and limited international travel.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top