Senior Investment Risk Manager, Quantitative Equity Group
The Investment Risk Management Group (IRMG) is responsible for providing independent oversight of the firm's internally-managed assets. The group identifies portfolio & market risks, quantifies our portfolios' exposures to these risks, & communicates this information effectively to the portfolio management team and senior management. The IRMG also performs ad-hoc research and develops risk-related analytics to enhance the business' understanding of risk & how to manage it through risk-aware portfolio construction. QEG (Quantitative Equity Group) manages approximately $29 billion of Vanguard's active equity & alternative products across a variety of strategies, including long-only, long-short, smart beta, & alternatives.
What we're looking for:
We're looking for a self-directed candidate with excellent quantitative and communication skills, a passion for markets, buy-side risk management experience, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. Solid working knowledge of equity risk models is a requirement for this position. Ability to contribute to the development of robust risk management framework & analytics. The role provides the successful candidate with opportunities to develop & quickly assume more responsibility within a rapidly changing & growing department.
- Identify, quantify & communicate portfolios' key risks to the portfolio management team & senior leaders.
- Assume key role in risk management discussions with portfolio management team.
- Play key role in the development, implementation, & interpretation of risk & performance attribution analytics based on equity risk models.
- Develop & support implementation of risk-related analytics to aid the PM team's understanding of portfolio risks & construction.
- Contribute to development of a robust risk management framework specific to the firm's products & clients.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to support QEG's understanding of portfolio & market risks.
- Support & contribute to development of risk analytics & reporting to meet firm's regulatory requirements.
- Provide insights around drivers of risk & return in global equity markets.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an equity analytics, quantitative, or investment risk management role.
- Excellent quantitative skills, with education in quantitative discipline preferred.
- Excellent communication & relationship management skills.
- Solid knowledge of & / or experience working with equity markets.
- Advanced proficiency with equity risk models, especially risk & performance attribution.
- Intellectually curious, self-directed, & possesses strong work ethic.
- Ability to lead development & implementation of new analytics; demonstrated time/project mgmt. skills.
- Familiarity with risk management theory.
- Programming: R, Matlab, SQL, VBA, or related programming languages highly desirable.
- Familiarity or experience with Alternatives risk management or analytics a plus.
- Advanced degree in quantitative discipline preferred. FRM or other risk-related designation a plus.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top