Senior Investment Data Analyst
The Senior Investment Data Analyst will support the global front office investment management team by ensuring investment ready data is available in support of the portfolio management process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with internal teams and business partners to ensure integrity of investment related data. Including accurate and timely set up and maintenance of security, pricing, and index data in our internal systems.
- Analyze index and/or market events. Partner with portfolio managers and traders to accurately reflect projected benchmark and portfolio holdings.
- Analyzes and resolves complex data exceptions and processes efficiently to ensure that data delivered to investment management teams are accurate. Ensures daily deliverables are met by monitoring the team/system dashboard and supports proactive process excellence by actively seeking ways to improve existing processes.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal clients, global counterparts, business partners, and data providers including those in Equity Investment Group, Risk Management Group, and Fund Accounting. Able to anticipate and exceed client expectations.
- Participates in new product implementations by reviewing Investment data needs, importing data from internal and external providers and ensuring systems are properly set up for new trading. Communicates appropriately with all necessary stakeholders.
- Leads and consults on new projects to ensure operational readiness upon implementation into a live environment. Utilizes project management and change management tools and works closely with appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains a strong understanding of all index provider methodologies, keeps up to date on methodology changes, and a comprehensive conceptual understanding of data flows across all systems to recommend controls for data accuracy
- Contributes to the development in other crew members. Promote positive influence towards a team ethic towards working collaboratively in the department and Vanguard. Serves as a key point of contact for clients. Is cross-trained in critical team functions and is able to provide technical guidance and on-the-job training.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of global and regional standards for investment data. Creates and maintains comprehensive documentation of all current procedures and workflows.
- Provides ongoing reporting to fulfill the needs of both regulatory bodies and internal partners.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (Business/Finance preferred) or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum three years of work experience in financial services
- A solid understanding of equity, fixed income, and derivative security characteristics preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, and Bloomberg. Working knowledge of VBA and SQL is a significant plus.
- Excellent judgment and analytical ability to analyze issues quickly and independently to take appropriate action under varied time constraints
- Proven ability to build strong relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment, working on multiple and diverse responsibilities
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to prioritize work
Available to work beyond regular business hours as needed.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top