Senior International Compensation Consultant
Vanguard has an exciting Senior International Compensation Consultant opportunity open in Malvern, PA. You will act as the lead compensation expert for divisions that have a global presence and be the point of contact for all matters and compensation processes including benchmarking, pay analysis, technology, and annual bonus and merit planning and administration. This opportunity allows you to research local practices as related to compensation in new emerging markets for Vanguard. You'll have an opportunity to work in tandem with others on the team to solve complex compensation issues in the business and/or region, evaluate and make recommendations on selected business changes requiring analysis and work with HR Business Partners for annual salary review process.
In this role you will:
- Manage the consistent implementation of a base compensation framework including salary ranges and merit guidelines in alignment with global job design and grading frameworks.
- Support collaborations with the Sales & Incentives Compensation Lead, Executive Compensation Lead, and Benefits Lead to ensure that all compensation packages are competitive with benchmarks and in line with Vanguard's overall total rewards philosophy.
- Manage the compensation relationship for a particular client group with crew presence in multiple regions. Serve as a single point of contact for the Managing Director of the division.
- Conduct compensation bench marking and manage surveys to support competitive analysis of compensation programs within the industry. Perform trend analysis and industry best practices research to support enterprise decision making.
- Perform research as needed to support the Compensation Lead in solving complex compensation related issues within the business.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on selected business changes requiring analysis (e.g., rates for new hires, specialized programs, transformations, etc.).
- Support managers and HRBPs in performing the annual salary review process and evaluating potential adjustments to crew pay.
- Coordinate with the Crew Central Support Center Lead to ensure manager and crew self-service to key compensation information to support robust decision making
What it takes:
- An undergraduate degree in a related field. Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum five years general experience consisting of specific compensation experience, (preferably with two years compensation management experience from which was attained a familiarity with executive pay practices).
- Experience developing and implementing compensation programs, policies and procedures preferred
- Experience working with senior leadership
- Experience working in a global organization preferredKnowledge of HR policies and processes
- Knowledge of compensation programs
- Knowledge of compensation governance, compliance and reporting requirements
- Sensitivity in working with confidential information
- Proven teamwork capabilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, including planning and organizational skills
- Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple initiatives
- Ability to effectively work independently and identify when to engage others
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top