Senior Internal Auditor
Where integrity meets innovation
Vanguard has a new Senior Internal Auditor opportunity open in Malvern, PA. Using your knowledge of risks and controls, you'll collaborate with stakeholders and senior leaders across key operational functions to strengthen risk management and governance processes. As a part of a global team of internal audit professionals, you'll drive value within the organization through your insights and gain broad business exposure.
In this role you will
- Work as a true partner with aligned departments in an agile setting to offer deep analysis of their processes, determine levels of associated risk, and evaluate controls to ensure adequacy.
- Proactively consult and identify opportunities for improvement that allow business groups to achieve operational and strategic goals during the planning, testing, reporting, and follow-up steps of the audit process.
- Alternate between various business groups around the enterprise to enable a greater impact and the opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of functions and departments.
- Prepare and deliver high-quality internal work papers, process/control narratives, flowcharts, testing documentation, conclusions, recommendations and audit report findings.
- Craft communications for senior management and other governance bodies, and share relevant industry acumen and recommendations on global impacts.
Be an authority who makes a difference
Vanguard knows that where risk is concerned, prevention is vital. That's why Internal Audit is one of our most valued partners. You will be viewed as an expert who aids business areas in evaluating internal controls and ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of business data. You will be a dedicated specialist who will help maintain this critical line of defense.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in a business related field of concentration or equivalent combination of training and experience. Professional certification or advanced degree (e.g., MBA, CPA, CIA) is a plus.
- Two to four years general business experience required. Experience in audit, risk or controls (i.e. operational audits, financial statement audits, internal audits, advisory/consulting, controls/compliance/legal) preferred.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, internal controls, general ledger account analysis and reconciliation.
- Working knowledge of and demonstrated interest in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated ability to function in fast paced, ambiguous environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Excellent time and project management and strong relationship management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top