Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Security
Senior Infrastructure Engineer Security Coordinator for the Unified Communications and Collaboration Infrastructure team. To provide senior level Tier 3 technical support for complex projects and to ensure reliable operation of the production environment. To monitor, troubleshoot, and install software/tools operating on one or more systems. To plan and coordinate enterprise-wide IT infrastructure projects. To develop technical standards and documentation.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer’s primary responsibility is risk management for all platform technologies including Exchange 2013, Mobile MDM, Sametime, Domino and Skype for Business 2015 (cloud). The selected candidate will actively participate in strategic projects to help design secure solutions for new implementations. This significant Vanguard program which has impact across the organization.
Other responsibilities for this role include preparing for all security assessments, managing installation/maintenance of antivirus products, organizing/auditing team access, preparing risk reports and T3 support as necessary. Advocating for all aspects of security is a daily requirement for the position.
Security is a high priority within the End User Service department. This is an exciting time to join the team as we transform the platform with new technologies. The crew member in this role will have a large impact on all initiatives. An interest and understanding of the importance of security is a must.
Infrastructure experience and security certifications (ie: CISSP, CCSP) are preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides senior level Tier 3 technical infrastructure support services for issues elevated from the Support Center and other Technical Services groups. Ensures reliable operation of production. Diagnoses and troubleshoots availability interruptions and other production issues.
2. Plans and coordinates enterprise-wide infrastructure projects with other IT and client teams. Communicates with teams to keep them apprised of status and issues. Contacts vendors to resolve technical issues.
3. Tests, installs, and migrates software, patches, upgrades, applications, and/or hardware.
4. Develops technical standards. Tests and evaluates IT vendor products.
5. Writes documentation, including project plans, installation procedures, and troubleshooting tips. Creates diagrams, including technical topology.
6. Maintains, monitors, and tunes Production system and applications performance. Debugs source code and performance problems and/or provides debugging assistance to developers. Identifies opportunities to improve system and applications performance (e.g., automating manual system tasks).
7. Trains and mentors staff. Resolves complex issues elevated from staff with less experience.
8. Adds, updates, and closes IT Problem Management database records. Researches and resolves complex issues, and reviews related technology records to mitigate impact on assigned system.
9. Reviews numerous IT knowledge repositories to update technical knowledge.
10. Learns and understands client area business functions and requirements. Has the ability to determine the appropriate technical tool to address the client’s business needs.
11. Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security and VSA requirements.
12. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five years’ experience in technical specialty, including one to two years’ hardware/software configuration and troubleshooting experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the following product support practices and concepts: full project delivery life cycle, IT service level agreements, performance monitoring, tuning, and debugging (e.g., GTF traces, and region and transaction dumps), software and peripheral installation, network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP and ACCP), process/product testing and verification, software and/or hardware setup and configuration , computer networking, technical standards and deliverables, system log files, tasks, account management, and commands.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more IT platforms and products: See additional information for the specific requirements for this posting.
- Certification – Holds the appropriate technical specialty certificate or has the ability to attain within 12 months of hire date: See additional information for the specific requirements for this posting.
1. Remote and off hours support as needed.
2. On call as needed.
3. Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top