Senior Human Capital Strategist; Business Partner
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Senior Business Partner to serve as a strategic human capital thought partner for the aligned business area, enabling business solutions through proactive consultation with senior management, business advocacy within HR, and the leveraging and coordination of deep global HR expertise.
1. Understand and proactively address the HR needs of the business area, maintaining strategic alignment between the business and HR. Provide input to CoEs and Crew Central to align HR programs and solutions to support business area-specific needs.
2. Act as a human capital liaison for the aligned business area across the functional areas of HR, including culture and inclusion, workforce strategy and planning, workforce analytics, organizational effectiveness, employment branding and recruiting, training, leadership development, succession planning, performance management, total rewards, and crew relations and compliance.
3. Advocate for the HR agenda with senior business leaders. Align the business with global HR policies and programs. Communicate the rationale for current policies and programs and convey changes as they occur.
4. Educate HR crew on key divisional / regional strategic initiatives to provide a line of sight into divisional / regional impact.
5. Act as a steward of culture and inclusion within the business, with a focus on providing guidance on strategies and approaches to keep crew actively engaged. Partner with the Culture and Inclusion CoE to identify, understand, and communicate best practices and identify root causes for observed trends in culture, inclusion, and crew engagement.
6. Conduct regular workforce planning within the business, ensuring alignment with the process and guidelines set by the OCS CoE. Contribute to the enterprise-wide workforce plan by coordinating with the OCS Workforce Planning Lead to input the aligned business area workforce plan.
7. Act as liaison between business leaders and the OCS CoE to drive consistent organizational effectiveness strategy and approach, coordinating to inform consulting engagements and partnering to facilitate group discussions on organization effectiveness.
8. Coordinate with the Talent Management CoE and the business area to define specific action plans to achieve the workforce strategy. Articulate the capabilities, resources and actions needed to close talent gaps or optimize the workforce. Understand talent acquisition and development strategies and partner with the Talent Management CoE to ensure HR programs are supportive of these strategies.
9. Collaborate with the business area and Talent Management CoE to establish programs to manage talent development. Provide guidance on how to manage the talent review process and identify high-potential crew for targeted development opportunities.
10. Collaborate with Crew Central and the OCS Workforce Analytics team to deliver standard and ad-hoc reports to the business on key human capital trends and metrics.
11. Partner with business leadership and Total Rewards CoE to develop a tailored overall rewards strategy, taking into account business strategy and needs. Support business leaders by communicating the total rewards philosophy, strategy and value. Work with business leadership to implement decisions and programs created by CoE.
12. Provide the Crew Relations & Compliance CoE with insights around potential crew issues on a real-time basis as emerging business dynamics fluctuate. Keep up-to-date on complaints / issues of the respective business areas supported and report back to HR and business leadership on key trends.
13. Focus on improving HR operating cost in servicing the aligned business area through streamlined and efficient interactions. Contributes to evaluation of senior client touchpoints across HR for various engagement types to facilitate smooth service delivery.
14. Provide business input and feedback to HR through the CoEs, Crew Central and Head of HRBPs to improve the effectiveness and relevance of HR policies, programs and services. Contribute to the prioritization of HR support for business initiatives.
15. Oversee HR Business Consultants, as required, on engagements that require additional support. Contribute to their professional development and provide coaching and performance management feedback as appropriate.
16. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of eight years business experience. Three years management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of employment law.
- Excellent project management, leadership, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Vanguard’s business and the asset management sector
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast paced environment while managing multiple competing priorities
- Strong problem solving skills; logical and analytical thinker
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize and present information in a clear and concise way to executive leaders
- People leadership skills including mentoring, technical training and day-to-day management of direct reports
Back to top