Senior Global Payroll Specialist
Make decisions with impact
Be part of a team that owns the payrolls for sixteen locations around the globe including the America's, Europe, Asia and Australia. You'll be responsible for not only supporting selected compensation, benefits, payroll and global mobility programs throughout the enterprise, but also, will be the lead for your own "book" of global payrolls including leading new programs and initiatives while interacting with employees and external vendors all across the world. Make it Count.
In this role, you will
- Lead and support the compilation of all relevant data provided through various sources using Excel, Enterprise Interface Builder tools, Access databases, and Third Party vendor tools. As a member of this team you will also execute key controls for accurate loading of data to the payroll system and interpret pay data results. You will look for accuracy, identify troubleshooting methods, and maintain data to produce complete, accurate pay results.
- Handle and administer all base-pay and non-base pay components including sales bonus, corporate giving campaigns, and corporate recognition.
- Maintain and share comprehensive knowledge of the payroll system, system functionality, and calculation regulations in order to ensure appropriate application to crew payments. Document procedural deliverables, including process workflows, key controls, execution instructions, timing of deliverable, and key partners for all assigned functions.
- Research, analyze and resolve complex payroll and compensation-related issues, inquiries or discrepancies raised by the Contact Center and other business partners. Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution after identifying issues/trends in reports/source systems then recommend improvements that will enhance operational efficiency. Integrate new or existing technologies into work-flows, analyze impact, prepare environment and communicate change to team members, and update or build new procedures and work-flows.
- Partner with regional Finance payroll vendors, funding banks and various tax jurisdiction offices, to ensure that employee payments are appropriately assigned.
Make every cent matter
Are you seeking to join an elite Global Payroll team, advising businesses about payroll regulations that are pertinent in their regions and reconciling re-numeration between employees and Vanguard? As a holistic problem-solver, your knowledge and skills in accounting will be utilized to work through various, complex tasks. This is a role that will foster your curiosity, cultivate your thought leadership and enhance your knowledge beyond payroll. Challenge yourself and grow your personal and professional skills.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in a business related field of concentration or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree or professional certification (e.g., MBA, FPC, CPP) is a plus.
- Minimum of three years directly related finance or payroll experience. Previous payroll administration experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of all applicable government rules and regulations, i.e., FLSA preferred.
- Knowledge of payroll policies and programs.
- Basic knowledge of payroll program compliance and reporting requirements.
- Sensitivity in working with confidential information.
- Proven teamwork capabilities.
- Excellent project management skills, including planning and organizational skills.
- Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple initiatives.
- Ability to effectively work independently and identify when to engage others.
- Experience with multi-state and global payroll processing preferred.
- Spanish speaking a plus
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top