Senior Fund Financial Analyst - Fund Reporting, Expenses, and Distributions
Review financial statements completed by analysts and associates. Train analysts and associates on the financial statement preparation process. Ensure the accurate and timely completion of complex financial statements, regulatory filings, and tax reporting for Vanguard Mutual Funds, Trusts, and 529 Plans. Understand and maintain department procedures and controls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete complex Annual/Semi-Annual Shareholder Reports, Quarterly N-Q filings, and regulatory filings for Vanguard Mutual Funds in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations governing registered investment companies. Complete annual financial statements for certain Vanguard Trusts in accordance with US GAAP and the PA Department of Banking rules. Prepare recommendations for monthly fund assignments for analysts/associates and present to FRED Management team.
- Communicate on a proactive basis with peers, leaders, and internal and external business partners including Global Fund Accounting, Fund Tax Services, Corporate Communications, CMDA, Legal, Investment Management Group, Portfolio Review Department, and external auditors to complete all necessary financial and tax reporting functions. Work with business partners to research and resolve technical and reporting issues.
- Review and analyze financial and tax statements for accuracy. Research and resolve items that are unusual in nature or exceed established tolerance levels. Review financial statements, tax reporting, and monthly tasks completed by associates and analysts.
- Train analysts and associates on the financial statement preparation process. Lead monthly preparation meetings and best practice sessions.
- Identify opportunities to improve department efficiency, develop and implement changes in current processes, with appropriate guidance and approvals. Evaluate the impact of process changes. Communicate impacts to affected parties and help prepare work environment for change. Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate and review fund fiscal and calendar year end tax reporting functions including Qualified Dividend Income (QDI), Return of Capital Adjustments (ROCA), and Income and Asset by State. Ensure final calculations and reports are sent to appropriate stakeholders.
- Lead communication and preparation efforts for fund initiatives. Keep current on fund events that may affect financial statements, and ensure necessary changes to disclosures are complete and accurate.
- Develop and maintain procedures and controls for all assigned tasks. Coordinate efforts to ensure departmental policies and procedures and regularly maintained.
- Prepare fiscal and excise tax provisions for Vanguard Mutual Funds.
- Coordinate monthly money market fund regulatory reporting on Form N-MFP.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years related work experience. Fund Reporting experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and gain their trust and respect.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous environment working with multiple business partners and diverse responsibilities.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and motivational skills. Ability to interact with various levels of management.
- Ability to adjust to change.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent analytical, problem solving, and attention to detail skills.
You should be aware this will designate you as a
Fund Access Person
and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top