Senior Front End Engineer - CX Journey Lab
Want to work in a highly collaborative, co-located product team, dedicated to delivering world class client experiences? Are you passionate about innovation and leveraging the latest technologies to develop engaging user experiences?
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translates advanced design compositions and technical specifications into clean, standards-compliant, semantic markup and responsive webpages or native applications by understanding the layout and behavior of the design. Develops functional and efficient production client-side code, server-side code, and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports. Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation
- Provides senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of web applications. Integrates third party products as necessary. Leads development efforts for testing and experimentation, including usability and A/B and multivariate testing. Implements solutions that are efficient, testable, and scalable. Serves as a technical lead for junior team members
- Works with business owners, journey owners, designers and developers to implement a high quality user experience. Recommends and effectively explains improvements in functionality, navigation, and UI design elements that enable users and internal business clients to achieve their goals. Builds working relationships across divisions. Delegates work to other team members as necessary
- Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients
- Thoroughly understands software development methodology. Thoroughly understands architecture standards. Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves issues elevated from staff with less experience
- Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents
- Tests webpages and conducts functional testing for team projects when needed. Audits Vanguard webpages to ensure they project the desired look and feel. Completes applicable test documentation
- Thoroughly understands client business functions and technology needs. Has a broad understanding of Vanguard's technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems
- Researches, evaluates, and reports on the evolving technologies related to this role. Continually searches for new ways to utilize current tools and researches new tools that can enhance workflow. Works with the all applicable departments to get new tools approved for evaluation and standardization. Develops plans for implementing new tools into workflow. Recommends solutions that will be applicable across organizations
- Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer may write these items
- Is highly functional on large, matrixed project teams. Interfaces with cross functional team members, including database administrator, IT security, project manager, technical writer, and clients. Communicates systems issues at the appropriate technical level for each audience. Effectively presents work to the project team, stakeholders, and department and senior management. Provides manager with realistic estimates of the level of effort needed to complete new projects and reviews estimates from other team members
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones. Thoroughly understands and complies with all Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Undergraduate degree in information technology or design, or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years industry/field specific experience. Minimum of five years of front-end development.
- Experience writing regular expressions preferred.
- Experience with node.js and related node-based tools, as well as the iPhone SDK preferred.
- Expert knowledge of web standards and cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Extensive experience taking design comps and translating them into their web-based equivalents.
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion and/or Git, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop.
- Expert knowledge of the following UI design practices and concepts: user-centered design, highly interactive interfaces, UI heuristics and principles, technical writing, business and user workflow, logical information organization and navigation, prototyping, and use case scenarios.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and multitasking skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including interviewing and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of the financial services industry.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top