Senior Front End Developer - Accessibility
Did you know that Vanguard has a program to focus on making our existing and new applications as accessible as possible? Accessibility ensures all users have equal access to information and functionality regardless of ability (visual, hearing, motor, cognitive, and color perception). The Accessibility program is working with all of the IT sub-divisions to evaluate and improve the web experience for all of our clients. Being a virtual company, this is so important!
The Accessibility Developer will work with the project teams across IT to support in implementing accessibility standards, build out training materials for teams to use along their accessibility journey, and contribute to office hours and other forums to further educate the developers at Vanguard. Front end/UI skillsets, relationship management, and leadership impact are the primary tools needed for success in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
- Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports. Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
- Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Thoroughly understands software development methodology. Thoroughly understands architecture standards. Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves issues elevated from staff with less experience.
- Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients.
- Performs systems analysis, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
- Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer may write these items.
- Thoroughly understands client business functions and technology needs. Has a broad understanding of Vanguard's technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems.
- Is highly functional on large, matrixed project teams. Interfaces with cross functional team members, including database administrator, IT security, project manager, technical writer, and clients. Communicates systems issues at the appropriate technical level for each audience.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones. Thoroughly understands and complies with all Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience (Qualifications):
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years developer or systems analyst experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Knowledge of or ability to learn the Accessibility standards (WCAG 2.0 level A and AA) and mentor other crew.
- Assistive technology knowledge and experience is a plus (JAWS, NVDA, WindowEyes, ZoomText, VoiceOver).
Advanced knowledge of one or more development tools and programming languages:
- Angular, Node, and JQuery, frameworks
- Testing Frameworks such as: Protractor, Selenium, and Cucumber
- IDE's: SpringSource Tool Suite (STS), and Webstorm
Vanguard is not offering Visa Sponsorship for this position
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top