Senior Financial Analyst- Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis
Vanguard is a business that operates on trust - trust that we focus on the client, trust that assets are safe from fraud, and trust that we employ intelligent, ethical, and informed crew. That's why we hire best-in-class financial minds to conduct thorough research and recommend the right course of action. Vanguard is currently seeking one such expert to partner with our businesses - the Senior Financial Analyst. Vanguard's Senior Financial Analysts provide consultative support to our internal clients by preparing analyses and models that allow them to make the right strategic decisions. In this role, you'll collaborate with senior leaders to understand their business' financial needs and aid in the annual planning process. In this role, you'll be an integral part of the business landscape and a steward of Vanguard's success.
In this role, you will
- Partner with Senior Leadership teams to prepare financial analyses and models that evaluate business initiatives, capital investments and products and services.
- Understand the business and their ongoing financial analysis needs.
- Price products and services, as well as selecting and/or creating pricing model(s) based on desired asset mix, selection of plans, fee schedules, payroll services and size.
- Develop measures of business performance to evaluate and control projects and investments.
- Lead and engage in the annual planning process and on-going quarterly forecasts.
- Understand and rationalize the 3-year financial forecast of revenue, operating expenses, assets and cash flow.
- Prepare and present quarterly finance reviews to Senior Leadership team.
- Prepare and distribute information for efficient use and control of financial resources.
Bring your future to Vanguard and benefit from
- Access to industry experts, leading-edge research, and courses from award winning Vanguard University®.
- Opportunities to mentor others and implement change.
- An ethical company that manages products in the sole interest of their clients.
- Work-life balance and flexibility - starting employees receive 23 days of PTO.
- Access to leaders who provide industry knowledge, career coaching, and mentoring.
- A culture of promoting internally, including leadership roles, project management positions, director roles, and other related functions.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree (Finance preferred) or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree or professional certification (MBA, CPA, CMA) desired.
- Minimum of five years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial concepts.
- Experience with Microsoft Office preferred, other analysis or database software acceptable.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Ability to explain variances to previously communicated forecasts
- Comfort interfacing with all levels in the organization.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge of unfamiliar business operations and technology and assertiveness to seek out contacts throughout the organization.
- A commitment to strengthening communities by donating time, talent, and treasure.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top