Senior Financial Analyst- Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis
Senior Financial Analyst
Vanguard is a business that operates on trust - trust that we focus on the client, trust that assets are safe from fraud, and trust that we employ intelligent, ethical, and informed crew. That's why we hire best-in-class financial minds to conduct thorough research and recommend the right course of action. Vanguard is currently seeking one such expert to partner with our businesses - the Senior Financial Analyst.
Vanguard's Senior Financial Analysts provide consultative support to our internal clients by preparing analyses and models that allow them to make the right strategic decisions. In this role, you'll collaborate with senior leaders to understand their business' financial needs and aid in the annual planning process. In this role, you'll be an integral part of the business landscape and a steward of Vanguard's success.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, your typical day includes:
- Partnering with Senior Leadership teams to prepare financial analyses and models that evaluate business initiatives, capital investments and products and services.
- Understanding the business and their ongoing financial analysis needs.
- Pricing products and services, as well as selecting and/or creating pricing model(s) based on desired asset mix, selection of plans, fee schedules, payroll services and size.
- Developing measures of business performance to evaluate and control projects and investments.
- Leading and engaging in the annual planning process and on-going quarterly forecasts.
- Understanding and rationalizing the 3-year financial forecast of revenue, operating expenses, assets and cash flow.
- Preparing and presenting quarterly finance reviews to Senior Leadership team.
- Preparing and distributing information for efficient use and control of financial resources.
Bring your future to Vanguard and benefit from:
- Access to industry experts, leading-edge research, and courses from award winning Vanguard University®.
- Opportunities to mentor others and implement change.
- An ethical company that manages products in the sole interest of their clients.
- Work-life balance and flexibility - starting employees receive 23 days of PTO.
- Access to leaders who provide industry knowledge, career coaching, and mentoring.
- A culture of promoting internally, including leadership roles, project management positions, director roles, and other related functions.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Undergraduate degree (Finance preferred) or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree or professional certification (MBA, CPA, CMA) desired.
- Minimum of five years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial concepts.
- Experience with Microsoft Office preferred, other analysis or database software acceptable.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Ability to explain variances to previously communicated forecasts
- Comfort interfacing with all levels in the organization.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge of unfamiliar business operations and technology and assertiveness to seek out contacts throughout the organization.
- A commitment to strengthening communities by donating time, talent, and treasure.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top