Senior Enterprise Architect
Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Senior Enterprise Architect to execute the vision, future direction, and initiative roadmap for strategic technology programs. To help define the reference and implementation Architectures for strategic technology programs. To persuade and influence Business and Information Technology (IT) senior leaders on the architectural direction for firm or business unit-wide, transformational, business technology solutions
The ideal candidate should have expertise on full stack development tools & technologies ranging from UI (Angular or other frameworks), SOA, MicroServices architecture, Java, AWS cloud application development and Big data space.
Provides the architectural leadership in shaping strategic technology programs, which focus on both Business of IT (e.g.,Unified Communication, SOI) and LOB-specific strategic technology programs.
- Continuously pursues advanced level technical acumen:
- Establishes working relationships with strategic and boutique technology providers.
- Leverages knowledge capital available through subscription research services.
- Leverages the Internet as a critical resource for related knowledge capital, inclusive of blogs, podcasts, webinar, etc.
- Attends conferences and engages in associated activities (e.g., conducting presentations, leading workshops, etc.).
- Consumes and contributes content from and to Open Source communities.
Provides architecture thought leadership and expertise.
Defines reference and implementation architectures.
Produces technology roadmaps in support of IT's vision and strategy.
Develops proof-of-concept prototypes and initial implementation models.
Monitors implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
Ensures implementation solutions support architecture objectives (availability, scalability, performance, security, etc.), as appropriate.
Utilizes advanced leadership skills especially in the areas of persuasion, influence, conceptualizing solutions and problem solving.
Communicates complicated technical concepts effectively to a broad group of stakeholders.
Establishes relationships with IT leaders, architects, and technical specialists for the purpose of advancing proposed architectural solutions.
Coaches and mentors more junior enterprise architects.
Utilizes a general understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum eight years relevant work experience.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top