Senior DevOps Developer
Our goal is to modernize, streamline, and automate. We bring in new technologies, and write state of the art tools. We need a DevOps engineer with strong Amazon Web Services experience or the ability to come up to speed on AWS at record speeds, to build AWS-based services that support packaging and deployment of our internally- and externally-facing custom Java applications to both cloud-based and on-prem environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help develop and implement our strategy for migrating our on-premises J2EE applications to AWS.
- Integrate and automate our pipeline products and processes to help our application development teams deliver business outcomes faster with better quality.
- Craft your own IT-for-IT applications.
- Automate everything.
- Experience software development using SOLID principles, TDD where appropriate, and with an understanding of designing your applications for operations concerns, such as, observability, APM, high MTBF, and quick MTTR.
- Knowledge and experience with the following (the more, the better): Linux (RHEL), Apache, tcServer, Ansible, Ansible Tower, ServiceNow, SVN, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Git (Bitbucket), JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, PCF, Splunk, AppDynamics, Artifactory, Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Bluecat, F5, siteminder, Akamai.
- AWS experience highly desired Route 53, CloudFormation, AWS Batch, Lambda, CloudFront, CloudWatch, etc.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field, along with 5 years development experience.
- AWS certification preferred.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
2. Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports. Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
3. Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
4. Thoroughly understands software development methodology. Thoroughly understands architecture standards. Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves issues elevated from staff with less experience.
5. Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top