Senior Developer - AWS/Big Data Analytics
The Data Analytics team searching for a senior developer for AWS / Big Data development. Vanguard is shifting our development to leaner, faster and more innovative solutions. Business and technical team are partnering together to investigate and solve business problems using AWS as the platform. We need a senior developer who is proactive and will take ownership by designing and developing technical aspects of the project. Must be forward thinking and be able to find innovative design solutions
- Experience in AWS technologies such as EC2, Cloud formation, EMR Cluster, AWS S3, Splunk, and AWS Analytics.
- Big data related AWS technologies like HIVE, Spark, ETL, AWS Glue, Presto, Hadoop, Athena, RedShift.
- Be able to understand big picture from requirements in order to architect robust design solutions.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Bamboo, Jenkins.
- Experience in automated unit, integration and end-end testing.
- AWS certification is required: AWS Developer/Architect/DevOps/Big Data.
- UNIX scripting/Linux configuration.
- Functional knowledge of Python, Java.
- Problem-solver and a team player.
- Attitude/perspective: win-win, everyone's a learner, change is constant, continually deliver in small slices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides expert level IT technical lead services and direction for critical software, middleware, and/or hardware projects (e.g., applications, networks, communications, and client server technologies) on multiple platforms. Provides technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other technical areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Approves the team's technical deliverables. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Approves technical solutions proposed by team members. Elevates complex technical issues to IT experts, including architects and vendors. Resolves technical problems discovered by testers and internal clients. Responds to and resolves technical issues in a timely manner. Researches issues and performs root cause analysis.
- Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. Screens resumes of team members, interviews, makes hiring and assignment recommendations, and writes reviews.
- Maintains a current and working knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff and identifies training needs. As new standards are instituted, ensures their usage by team members. A Technical Lead II should be able to perform as a Developer III.
- Communicates with other technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project's technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies and effectively persuades and influences others on ideas.
- Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
Back to top