Senior Data Analytics Lead
- Malvern, PA
About CXD Analytics
We are a dynamic team and this is not a "Business as Usual" type of analytics role. Everything we do is to evolve and enhance our client's digital experiences. In this capacity you will play a key role and lead analytics and insights engagements which support business efforts that deepen the understanding of Vanguard investors in our Client Experience - Digital (CXD) department.
The CXD team at Vanguard has recently been established to improve Vanguard client's end-to-end experiences when performing specific tasks, such as opening an account or placing a brokerage trade. Our goal is to transform the way our clients experience Vanguard using data, analytics and insights that support strategic decision-making and drive digital solutions.
How We Work:
CXD hosts a team of highly talented, cross-disciplinary individuals including advanced data analysts, UX strategists and designers, front-end developers, data scientists, data engineers, scrum masters, and market researchers who work together in highly collaborative agile "labs". We follow the "Stacked Agile" model made famous by Spotify. Each lab is fully dedicated to one part of a specific client journey and each analyst is fully dedicated to their lab.
- Engages with internal partners to understand business strategy, questions and goals. Brings structure to business requests, translates requirements into an analytical project approach, and leads projects through completion. Delegates tasks and provides tactical and strategic guidance to peers.
- Be a thought leader for the Mobile analytics at Vanguard and be the catalyst for change
- Lead tag-based data collection, build client-side integrations, and implement third party acquisition tracking into the mobile app's tag management system
- Acquires and compiles structured and unstructured data and verifies its quality, accuracy and reasonableness.
- Understand and collaborate on end-to-end user experience of online channels (web, mobile web, native app and kiosk UI)
- Drive implementation of mobile strategies and user adoption of Vanguards evolving and cutting edge mobile app
- Explain higher level statistical methods, test results and experimental design to a diverse audience with varying degrees of analytical capabilities
- Drive and execute optimization strategies, work with marketing, product, design and engineering
- Work with UX design to understand impact of page flow changes and calculate ROI's
- Develop personalization and segmentation strategies to target the right customers with the most relevant offers
- Performs analyses of historical data to surface trends and insights using advanced analytical methods
- Prepares and delivers visualizations and internal presentations that translate analytic insights into tangible, actionable solutions for business partners to implement.
- Mentors, coaches, trains, and develops junior analysts. Proactively expands knowledge of business and analytics and shares with team members. Develops and documents best practices.
- Graduate degree in an analytic/quantitative field
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant professional experience in a data analysis role.
- Strong experience querying data with SQL and programming with Python or R
- Experience with mobile digital analytics and channels preferred
- Solid understanding and experience of statistical methods with regards to study design and analysis
- Experience leading, designing and implementing marketing or digital experimentation (A/B or MVT) to improve marketing performance or improve the client experience
- Understanding and working knowledge of quasi-experimental study design
- Leverage NLP and text mining packages to better understand client feedback
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top