Senior Data Analyst
Deliver analytical insights to the RIG leadership teams to further their understanding of our clients, operational environment, and processes. Enhance the capability of Reporting Analysts and Data Administrators on available analytical tools through coaching and development sessions.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Partner and collaborate with business leadership on complex, single and multi-variable research questions to yield insight and a more informed decision making process by using a combination of structured and unstructured data.
2. Engages with project sponsors and stakeholders to understand the business question. Probes for hidden questions and goals. Helps bring structure to each request and translates requirements into an analytical approach.
3. Lead with advanced tools such as regression, hypothesis testing, and control charts. Demonstrates independence and proactive thinking while pursuing and promoting discussion that will lead to greater client insight, optimized performance, enhanced engagement, and improved retention.
4. Communicate results, interpretations, and conclusions in a manner that maximizes the understanding of others. Makes the case for change, sizes the opportunity area, and when necessary influence the audience off of traditionally held perspectives.
5. Manage a portfolio of work to ensure timelines are met and clients are informed of progress. Work with business partners and supervisor to ensure appropriate prioritization of work.
6. Aid the analytical development of Reporting Analysts and Data Administrators through structured coaching and development sessions. Assist them with getting up the learning curve.
7. Partner with other internal data user groups such as Client Insight and RDS to ensure the existing data infrastructure environment is capable of supporting analytical questions and to further enhance that capability when opportunities arise.
8. Gathers data across channels (e.g. web, phone, mail, email) when applicable to ensure a complete understanding of client behavior and potential opportunities.
9. Initiates, develops, and implements improvements to enhance departmental capability. Seeks to maximize automation.
10. Identify, implement, and support thorough testing and quality controls to ensure only the highest quality outputs are delivered to our clients.
11. Ensures that client needs are met in a thorough manner through maintaining a deep understanding of all data sources including but not limited to Cognos, Enterprise tables, and Retail Data Warehouse. Can successfully leverage various tools for report development (e.g. building queries from scratch in Cognos including basic joins, Excel, and Access). When applicable, uses knowledge depth / experience to troubleshoot any / all issues associated with data gathering and availability.
12. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in an analyst role preferred.
- Strong client relationship management skills, able to collaborate on requirements and influence when applicable.
- Experience with advanced analytical tools (e.g. regression, hypothesis testing tools, etc.), able to apply a logical problem solving approach to complex situations.
- Solid knowledge of reporting tools to include; Excel (includes macro proficiency), Access, Cognos, Enterprise tables, Retail Data Warehouse, and Minitab.
- Experience gathering requirements, developing analytic approaches, and applying quantitative methods to harvest insights.
- Able to communicate complex concepts and analysis to a variety of audience knowledge levels. Data visualization and storytelling skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively and independently with strong time management skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top