Senior Counsel/Manager - ERISA & Investments
Financial integrity from the inside out
At Vanguard, we're built on integrity, and we do what's right for our investors. As Senior Counsel and Manager, you'll use your deep expertise in ERISA's fiduciary and prohibited transaction rules to enable the business to develop and offer our investment advice solutions and products. As a skilled attorney, you're adept at navigating organizations and using your excellent communication skills to foster relationships across the enterprise. Are you ready to join us to make a difference?
In this role you will
- Act as a trusted advisor. Your keen sense of judgment and your leadership capabilities enable you to provide business-focused legal advice, counselling, and education and to navigate the retirement business through policies, regulations, and laws.
- Never stop growing. Maintaining your high level of expertise in areas of the law, Vanguard's business, and the mutual fund industry is as important to you as it is to us.
- Independently analyze developing law. The business of retirement and investment advice is changing, and so are the regulations governing that business. You will research, interpret and advise on these regulations, lending your expertise to internal and external stakeholders.
Let's step forward together to change the way the world invests. We treat our clients and crew with care and compassion. Combine those values with grit, initiative, and self-motivation-and you could join us in helping to serve over twenty million clients, worldwide. Turn your ambitions into action.
What it takes
- Graduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Law degree (J.D. or equivalent).
- Seven years of experience advising financial institutions, advisors, or plans on ERISA fiduciary and prohibited transaction issues.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated persuasive and influencing capabilities.
- Ability to work quickly and independently with attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines.
- Proven client relationship and communication skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top