Senior Corporate Development Analyst
- Malvern, PA
Vanguard's Strategic Business Development team is a recently created enterprise-wide function that proactively supports Vanguard's businesses and leadership to identify, develop and execute inorganic opportunities, including M&A, strategic partnerships, joint ventures and alliances.
The team is part of Corporate Strategy and more specifically works closely with the rest of the function to:
- Align Strategic Business Development priorities with Enterprise and Divisional strategy
- Source opportunities through the business, selective target screening and external 3rd party conversations
- Evaluate and diligence deals alongside cross-functional stakeholders (e.g., legal, risk, finance, HR,...)
- Execute deals and transition them to the business for successful integration
More about the job.
Senior Corporate Development Analysts will work on enterprise-level inorganic deals for Senior Staff. Our deal teams work closely with the rest of our strategy teams (Competitive Intelligence, Core Strategy, Innovation) on projects aligned with Vanguard's divisions.
The ideal candidate will
- Drive strong business outcomes through high impact inorganic opportunities and be comfortable with ambiguity
- Collaborate well with Corporate Strategy crew (leaders and analysts), and thrive in a fast paced deal-focused environment
- Demonstrate a strong growth mindset and have long-term leadership ambitions at Vanguard
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and a willingness to be exposed to a variety of deal structures
- Build expertise on new and diverse topics at an accelerated pace
- Cultivate difference of thought by adding diverse perspectives and 'thinking outside the box'
- Be candid to help challenge the status quo and help shape the 'future Vanguard'
1. Conducts efficient and thorough analyses to support the evaluation of new business and inorganic opportunities (e.g., M&A, joint ventures, strategic partnerships, alliances, minority investments), ensuring quality of deliverables to drive outcomes.
2. Coordinates with cross-functional stakeholders and conducts relevant analyses to support build / buy / partner / invest decisions.
3. Develops and maintains financial models and scenario analysis to estimate the potential value of opportunities (including three statement financial modelling, DCF analysis, comparable analysis, IRR analysis, accretion / dilution, etc.). Determines appropriate sources of information, collects, compiles, interprets, analyzes and summarizes results in alignment with the overall business strategy.
4. Leads individual workstreams of the deal lifecycle (sourcing, diligence, structuring, execution) and contributes to the development of a deal structure, including commercial and governance terms.
5. Coordinates due diligence workstreams with cross-functional stakeholders and external parties for contemplated deals.
6. Supports ad hoc and periodic evaluation reviews to assess the portfolio of investments.
7. Creates presentations for senior management.
8. Engages and coordinates with internal and external partners to ensure timely and efficient execution.
9. Ensures financial methodologies, frameworks and approaches are applied consistently.
10. Provides guidance and coaching to cross-functional teams.
11. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years related work experience, with at least two years Investment Banking, Private Equity or Corporate Development experience.
- Prior M&A and / or investing experience required.
- Experience with financial modeling and valuations required.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Economics or Finance degree preferred.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top