Senior Consultant, Audit Services
The Finance division is home to crew and leaders who drive sustainable value across the global enterprise. Our high caliber professionals serve as trusted and influential strategic partners to business leaders across the organization in the areas of financial modeling, fiscal responsibility, product development and administration, risks and controls, real estate and facilities management, and enterprise supply management.
Vanguard knows that where risk is concerned, prevention is the best medicine. That's why Internal Audit is one of our most valued partners; they are the experts who aid business areas in evaluating internal controls and ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of business data. Because of their essential role, Audit needs dedicated specialists who can help maintain this critical line of defense. Vanguard is seeking a Senior Auditor to oversee the execution of risk-based audit and advisory engagements, across a breadth of divisions and subjects.
As a Senior Auditor, you'll enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of our internal control environment. Using your knowledge of risks and controls, you'll collaborate with key stakeholders and senior leaders, primarily in the Corporate Accounting & Financial Reporting areas, to strengthen risk management and governance processes. At the end of the day, you'll drive meaningful change and be a part of the team that protects, preserves, and defends Vanguard.
How you'll spend your days
This highly independent role operates as a true partner to our business areas: working side by side with aligned departments in an agile setting, you'll offer deep analysis of their processes, determine levels of associated risk, and evaluate controls to ensure adequacy. During the planning, testing, reporting, and follow-up steps of the audit process, you are encouraged to do proactive consultation, and identify opportunities for improvement that allow business groups to achieve operational and strategic goals.
Assignments will alternate between various business groups around the enterprise, enabling a greater impact and the opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of functions and departments. For each assignment, you'll prepare and deliver high-quality internal workpapers, process/control narratives, flowcharts, testing documentation, conclusions, recommendations and audit report findings. By cultivating positive and effective working relationships with these aligned business areas, and risk partners, you'll further drive Audit's position as a trusted advisor.
To promote an open dialogue, you'll craft communications for senior management and other governance bodies, and share relevant industry acumen and recommendations on global impacts. You'll develop relationships with colleagues to leverage their skill sets and experience, as well as foster colleague's success by offering meaningful feedback and reviews of teammates' work.
Ultimately, you'll give Vanguard confidence that we are prepared to both serve and defend our clients and their investments.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Undergraduate degree in a business related field of concentration or equivalent combination of training and experience. Professional certification or advanced degree (e.g., MBA, CPA, CIA) is a plus.
- Two to four years general business experience required. Experience in audit, risk or controls (i.e. operational audits, financial statement audits, internal audits, advisory/consulting, controls/compliance/legal) preferred.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, internal controls, general ledger account analysis and reconciliation.
- Working knowledge of and demonstrated interest in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated ability to function in fast paced, ambiguous environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Excellent time and project management and strong relationship management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top