Senior Compliance Administrator – Institutional
To provide Compliance support for various business areas performing Institutional Asset Management and Full Service Recordkeeping functions, primarily through guidance and oversight related to regulated activities.
- Serves as a trusted resource for the Institutional Division, primarily supporting Participant Services, Recordkeeping Services, Client Services, and Institutional Investor Services. Participates or works collaboratively with these businesses to develop policies, procedures, and controls designed to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Provides advice and guidance in connection with people, process, technology and regulatory changes. Assists the business with the resolution of issues.
- Leads or participates in compliance oversight efforts, including leading procedure reviews. Provides compliance support on projects across the applicable IIG business areas to protect Vanguard's reputation. Contributes to the continuous improvement of the IIG Compliance Program. Utilizes risk management techniques and business area knowledge to support the development and maintenance of relevant policies and procedures. Handles multiple assignments simultaneously from conception through execution and implementation of recommendations. Coordinates, prioritizes and actively manages tasks as needed to meet deadlines.
- Presents key findings and recommendations to business management and Compliance management. Elevates issues and identifies priorities. Tracks follow-up items to ensure they are appropriately resolved. Demonstrates initiative and creativity in recommending and implementing solutions to business contacts and Compliance management.
- Develops, maintains and broadens effective working relationships across the applicable business areas. Fosters lines of communication between, and with, business contacts, the Legal Department, Compliance Department colleagues, and other risk and control partners. Participates in activities and efforts as required with other Compliance teams and business partners.
- Develops and maintains a broad knowledge and awareness of the investment industry and regulatory and/or policy changes with potential impact to applicable compliance programs. Stays abreast of current market, regulatory and industry relevant news. Serves as a technical expert on compliance requirements impacting IIG including regulations under ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, the SEC, and the Pennsylvania Banking Code for trust companies. Develops a deep understanding of the related business areas, including applicable systems and software.
- Assists in the preparation of board reports and other applicable management reporting; identifies and tracks key measures and metrics, and designs presentations to facilitate management discussions.
- Participates in developing and delivering training and education to the business, including presentations at staff meetings and formal Vanguard University trainings.
- Assists in responding to requests for information from regulators. As appropriate, acts as a liaison with regulators and impacted business areas by preparing for meetings and coordinating the gathering and production of requested documents in connection with examinations or other regulatory inquiries, including client complaints.
- As necessary, supports review and monitoring of electronic communications to ensure compliance with applicable rules or Vanguard policies. Elevates identified issues as appropriate. Participates in and actively supports corporate initiatives like Vanguard Unmatchable Excellence, Gallup Action Planning, etc.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum three years business experience. Regulatory, compliance, investment, or auditing experience preferred.
- Broad understanding of Vanguard's business and the investment industry; knowledge of and experience with ERISA, IRS, SEC, and the Pennsylvania Department of Banking regulations as they relate to retirement plans and investments preferred.
- Excellent relationship management skills, including ability to interact with individuals at various levels.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while managing multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Proven ability to implement and/or execute business plan or change direction in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills; ability to analyze and respond to issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong persuasion and influence skills.
- Familiarity with and experience in using relevant systems and applications, as applicable.
This position will provide ongoing compliance support for the Institutional areas offering advice services to both plan sponsors and participants (e.g., Vanguard Institutional Advisory Services (VIAS), Vanguard Managed Account Program (VMAP). This position will also provide broad compliance support to all departments within Institutional Investor Services.
The position is considered a "Fund Access Person" position under Vanguard's Code of Ethics (Refer to CrewNet); crew holding FINRA licenses (e.g., FINRA series 6, 7, 26, 24) may be permitted to retain them; and, some travel for trainings, seminars and global coordination may be required.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top