Senior Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Lead the strategic agenda for division-wide competitive intelligence needs in both the institutional recordkeeping and asset management businesses. Serve as a key input to divisional initiatives and external activity across sales, client services, and consultant audiences
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains a clear competitive intelligence strategy across the IIG division. Provides direction and guidance to competitive intelligence team to effectively address issues and questions and ensure priorities are being executed appropriately.
- Conducts efficient and thorough analyses of strategic competitive issues confronting IIG's current business lines and product offers. Stays current on industry, market, and competitor trends across all aspects of the institutional landscape. Supports efforts to keep management team informed of key industry and competitive trends, with support from Competitive Intelligence analysts.
- Meets regularly with senior leaders throughout the organization to gather feedback and identify additional opportunities to provide value and partner to meet strategic business objectives. Works with management in the planning, development, and execution of short and long term goals.
- Partners with investment and business leaders to understand strengths and opportunities of Vanguard's position in the marketplace. Develops and maintains key internal partner relationships across the organization to ensure effective development and execution of the competitive intelligence strategy. This could include, but not limited to: Sales, Client Services, Operations, Marketing, IT, Corporate Strategy, and Portfolio Review as well as thought leadership groups (such as Center for Investor Research, Investment Strategy Group, Strategic Retirement Consulting).
- Incorporates Competitive Intelligence into strategic initiatives and key decision-making workflows and processes throughout IIG.
- Manages and/or participates in special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of five years of business experience, including relevant experience in strategy and analysis.
- Excellent analytical and relationship management skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills to senior management.
- Familiarity with Vanguard's investment product line-up.
- Understanding of Vanguard's and IIG's business strategy.
- Project management and prioritization skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top