Senior Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Strengthen our dedication to great value
In this role you will own the strategic agenda for division-wide competitive intelligence needs in the institutional recordkeeping, asset management (DCIO), and traditional institutional (OCIO) businesses. You will serve as a key input to Vanguard's divisional initiatives and external activities supporting sales, client services, and consultant facing teams by representing the voice of the marketplace.
In this role, you will
- Develop and maintain a clear competitive intelligence strategy across the IIG division. Provide direction and mentorship to competitive intelligence team to effectively address issues and questions and ensure priorities are being executed appropriately.
- Conduct efficient and thorough analyses of strategic competitive issues confronting IIG's current business lines and product offers. Stay current on industry, market, and competitor trends across all aspects of the institutional landscape. Support efforts to keep management team informed of key industry and competitive trends, with support from Competitive Intelligence analysts.
- Meet regularly with senior leaders throughout the organization to gather feedback and identify additional opportunities to contribute and partner to meet strategic business objectives. Work with management in the planning, development, and execution of short and long term goals.
- Partner with investment and business leaders to understand strengths and opportunities of Vanguard's position in the marketplace. Develop and maintain key internal partner relationships across the organization to ensure effective development and execution of the competitive intelligence strategy. This could include, but not limited to: Sales, Client Services, Operations, Marketing, IT, Corporate Strategy, and Portfolio Review as well as thought leadership groups.
- Incorporate Competitive Intelligence into strategic initiatives and key decision-making workflows and processes throughout IIG.
Our mission starts with you The IIG Offer Management mission is to ensure the overall institutional product offer
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of five years of business experience, including relevant experience in strategy and analysis.
- Excellent analytical and relationship management skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills to senior management.
- Familiarity with Vanguard's investment product line-up.
- Understand or ability to understand Vanguard's and IIG's business strategy.
- Project management and prioritization skills.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top