Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
The ideal candidate is a resourceful, bright professional with a fresh perspective who is comfortable collaborating with leaders and peers across the company about business intelligence analytics. As a Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst, you will evangelize, promote, and facilitate the use of business intelligence analytics by serving as an enterprise expert and resource on the processes, data and tools needed to provide business leaders with ongoing actionable insights. You will also help business units establish their own capabilities and expertise to manage and maintain their business intelligence needs.
In addition to gaining a stimulating and prominent role, you'll be part of a company where doing the right thing isn't just a tagline, it's our passion.
- Leads and executes analytic projects to identify and develop key business intelligence metrics. Consults with business units to understand their business intelligence needs. Ensures that the business leaders have the "right" metrics to inform key decisions and actions.
- Interprets and analyzes appropriate data sources, of high complexity, for a given project using standard and advanced research/analytical techniques, with particular emphasis on: identifying and documenting commonly-accepted best research practices, benchmarking state-of-art data sources, suppliers and research practices, and collaborating across Vanguard and with industry groups on data availability and/or requirements.
- Uses expert knowledge of data visualization tools, data, and business needs to deliver data in a way that enables business users to quickly understand state of the business, form action plans, and ask better questions.
- Actively develops analytics community at Vanguard through coaching and training business intelligence analysts across Vanguard. Participates and presents during scheduled analytics community seminars/events. Makes self available to answer questions and connect analytics community members together.
- Helps define enterprise data and technology needs and solutions for to support business intelligence and analytics communities at Vanguard. Brings knowledge of internal and external best practices to inform solutions.
- Maintains flexibility in meeting deadlines and expectations in the face of shifting priorities.
- Clearly communicates ideas and solutions to CAI, IT, and business sponsors.
- Helps define and refine process and framework needed to identify needs.
- Develops strong collaborative relationships across Vanguard.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in an analytically oriented major, such as economics, finance, statistics, mathematics, or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree preferred. Academic training in applied statistics
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Knowledge of SAS, SQL, Cognos, R, Python, Tableau, Pig or other data analysis, data mining, and programming tools
- Demonstrated track record of building strong relationships across technical and non-technical crew.
- Advanced analytical/statistical reasoning skills highly desirable.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Strategic thinker with tactical abilities.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with data and data constructs required. Experience with Vanguard data is highly desirable.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously while adhering to required deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of management, including senior executives.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this positions
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top