Senior Big Data Developer - Philadelphia Innovation Center
Are you interested in inventing new things?
This role is part of the new Innovation Studio located at 23nd & Chestnut in Philadelphia. The mission of the Innovation Studio is to act like a startup within Vanguard, and try out bold new ideas quickly in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment. The job will include brainstorming ideas, formulating hypotheses, and performing data analysis to validate needs. This is also a great opportunity to interact with Senior Leaders and become part of a growing, highly visible team.
- Demonstrated experience in juggling priorities and the ability to switch context/gears with ease
- Excited by trying new things and possibly doing a different thing every day as needs arise
- Strong communication skills, good listener, comfortable giving presentations
- Likes to work in a highly collaborative environment with a diverse cross-functional team
- Self-motivated, takes ownership and pride in the quality of work
- Familiar with lean startup methodology and design thinking
- Experience configuring, deploying and monitoring applications in AWS
- Knowledgeable about AWS data services including S3, Redshift and EMR
- Experience building "big data" applications using Scala, Hive, Python
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top