Senior AWS Cloud Developer
Are you a passionate cloud developer who is looking for a new challenge and wants hands-on experience with exciting, cutting-edge tools, cloud technologies and AWS services? Are you looking to work and build your expertise with highly-talented IT individuals, data engineers, and business partners and provide automated solutions in the data lake and in a new, goal-oriented way?
If this sounds interesting, Retail Marketing Data & Technology is looking for a developer to have an opportunity to work on an innovative cloud data ingestion team to pave the way for Retail Marketing's journey to the cloud! Be a part of Marketing Data & Technology developer chapter where you are a cloud developer working on the latest cloud data tools and technologies on a product team and are provided coaching and mentoring through your developer chapter.
The ideal candidate would have experience with:
- AWS services and technology (IaM, EC2, EMR, Lambda, S3, DataSync and more)
- Python, Bash/Shell scripting, JSON
- Agile, DevOps
In this role you will
As a senior cloud developer, you will be working on a multi-functional, collaborative, co-located agile team. This team is the Retail Marketing Cloud Data Ingestion team and is actively working together to make data available in the Data Lake for Retail Marketing clients and crew. You will have a chance to work closely with data analysts, scientists and engineers to accomplish these goals and provide business value in the cloud. You also have an opportunity to provide technical guidance to junior cloud developers on your team.
Keep your head in the cloud
Innovative thinking, fresh ideas and a focus on bringing data into the cloud will make a large impact on Retail Marketing Data and its mission to make its data available in the Data Lake. Provide cloud-centric solutions with a lens on automation will find this role gratifying since we need engineers and problem solvers who can construct ideas in an out-of-the-box way. Design thinking and automated solutions go hand-in-hand when you get to work on a team that provides business value for the data analysts, engineers and marketing clients.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in a related field (Computer Science, IT, Engineering, etc.) or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- 5+ years extensive software engineering experience
- Solid experience with cloud data technology, AWS specifically
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work as a senior cloud developer on an agile team and provide automated cloud solutions in the Data Lake
Technologies and skills in this role, but not limited to:
- Bash/Shell scripting
Recommended skills (not required):
- AWS Certifications: Associate level (Developer, Solutions Architect) or Professional level
- Big Data:
- Hadoop ecosystem
What will make a difference:
- A growth demeanor, forward thinking and good technical capability
- A fast learner who can add knowledge, value and work closely with the team
- Experience with cloud data, AWS, IaC and data ingestion
- Experience with Python, Bash/Shell scripting and JSON configurations
- Passion for technology and learning, using creative problem solving skills to drive data-centric solutions
- Provide technical mentorship to junior cloud developers
- Someone who can translate technology for the business
- Flexibility and resourcefulness to change
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top