Senior AWS / Big Data Engineer
- Malvern, PA
Drive innovation that drives successful investing
At Vanguard, we're empowering twenty million investors worldwide to reach their goals. And you'll help them build increasingly successful financial futures by developing leaner, faster and more creative solutions for our business. Joining our Data Analytics team, you'll guide the technical advances that strengthen our shift towards agile working. Make your technical expertise and can-do approach count by helping our most critical projects progress.
In this role you will:
- Hone your existing skills and develop new ones by acting as our technical lead on projects that encompass applications, networks, communications and client server technologies across a number of platforms
- Recruit, mentor, build and motivate the IT teams that will positively impact our business
- Review and improve the viability of new ideas, championing those that will make our IT environment among the most forward-thinking around
- Forge positive relationships across the business as you connect with colleagues, elevate complex issues to IT experts and influence decision-makers
- Reinforce your knowledge of IT development, architecture design and technical standards by getting involved in everything from modeling to testing
Develop solutions that put clients first
Helping our business maximize the impact of even the smallest slice of data, you'll take ownership of the technical design and development of key projects that could involve software, middleware or hardware. Ours is a learning culture where change is constant. So you'll need to be forward-thinking and always looking for ways to improve and perfect. Bring us those qualities, along with in-depth technical know-how, and we'll give you the tools you need to do your best work plus a team that's eager to hear your ideas and drive them forward.
What it takes
- Be able to understand big picture from requirements in order to architect robust design solutions
- Experience in automated unit, integration and end-end testing
- Problem-solver and a team player
- Attitude/perspective: win-win, everyone's a learner, change is constant, continually deliver in small slices
What you'll need
- AWS certification is required: AWS Developer/Architect/DevOps/Big Data
Specializations that'll make an impact
- Experience in AWS technologies such as EC2, Cloud formation, EMR Cluster, AWS S3, Splunk, and AWS Analytics
- Big data related AWS technologies like HIVE, Spark, ETL, AWS Glue, Presto, Hadoop, Athena, RedShift
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Bamboo, Jenkins
- UNIX scripting/Linux configuration
- Functional knowledge of Python, Java and Scala
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this role.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top