Senior Auditor, Audit and Advisory Services
The Audit and Advisory Services Senior Auditor position performs complex projects to help Vanguard identify and manage risk to its business and investors. Within the organization, the internal audit department is seen as a critical line of defense for the organization. The internal audit department is comprised of hard-working, highly motivated, and technically skilled professionals who consistently deliver high-quality work in a dynamic environment. The department fosters mobility throughout the organization and is viewed as a source of future leaders across the organization. The department promotes a flexible and well-balanced work environment. The Project Manager will play a supervisory role in all phases of audits and projects and will interact with senior leadership (Officers and Principals) across the organization. Individuals in this role demonstrate professional curiosity, have a continuous improvement mindset, possess the desire/aptitude to rapidly learn new skills and exemplify the highest degree of trust and integrity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts audit interviews to determine the scope of the audit and testing approach. Uses critical analysis and strategic thinking when developing audit programs, focusing on key risks and fraud.
- Leverages audit teams’ skill set, experience, and creativity to ensure work is complete, accurate, and timely. Provides meaningful feedback to help develop staff by identifying and communicating areas for improvement in a timely manner.
- Communicates with the business areas and other risk assurance providers to continually improve relationships and proactively manage any possible risk.
- Prepares high-quality audit reports and other audit documentation and provides recommendations to Internal Audit and business management.
- Works collaboratively with the team to anticipate and provide sound solutions to issues.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of constituent business areas, related technology, products, supporting functions, and related risks. Continues to update knowledge of industry standard practices and regulations by leveraging training and conducting research.
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced auditors by training them on Internal Audit processes and methodology as well as business lines and related systems.
- Participates in special projects and additional duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. (BS or BA in a business related field of concentration preferred).
- A minimum of three to five years audit experience.
- Project management skills.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel preferred.
- Progress toward obtaining a professional certification or advanced degree (e.g., CPA, CIA, MBA).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and problem solving skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong client focus/relationship skills.
- Strong time management skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top