At Vanguard, the Internal Audit group is a key component of our organization's risk function. The International and Corporate Audit Services (ICAS) team within Audit is seeking a Senior Auditor who will be an integral part of ensuring risk is appropriately mitigated within our global organization. The ICAS audit team consists of team members located in the US, the UK, and Australia who all work together to complete the global audit plan.
Leaders rely on auditors to conduct an objective analysis of key business processes – ensuring the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of business data is preserved. Senior auditors serve as mentors and thought leaders in this essential role. More specifically, in this position, you will become part of Vanguard's line of defense by auditing our business areas, evaluating controls, and delivering sound solutions – all leading to a safer Vanguard for our clients and crew members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts audit interviews to determine the scope of the audit and testing approach.
- Uses critical analysis and strategic thinking to develop audit programs.
- Effectively communicates with the business areas and other risk assurance providers to continually improve relationships and proactively manage risk.
- Prepares high-quality audit reports and other audit documentation.
- Provides recommendations to business leaders and Internal Audit management.
- Works collaboratively with the team across the globe to anticipate and provide sound solutions to issues.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of audit business areas, related technology, products, supporting functions, and related risks.
- Develops staff by identifying and communicating meaningful feedback.
- Helps train less experienced auditors on Internal Audit processes and methodology as well as business lines and related systems.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. (BS or BA in a business related field of concentration preferred).
- A minimum of three to five years audit experience.
- Project management skills.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel preferred.
- Progress toward obtaining a professional certification or advanced degree (e.g., CPA, CIA, MBA).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and problem solving skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong client focus/relationship skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- Candidates with a background in Legal, Compliance, and/or HR a plus.
- Prior experience in working with colleagues in a global business setting also a plus.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top