With all the recent news stories about fraud in the financial industry, ethical companies need trustworthy individuals now more than ever to protect investors and their business from malicious activity. Our team is seeking a Senior Auditor who can shield Vanguard and its clients from these types of incidents.
Leaders rely on auditors to serve as a safety net for the organization – ensuring the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of business data is preserved. Senior auditors serve as mentors and thought leaders in this essential group. More specifically, in this role, you will become part of Vanguard's line of defense by auditing our business areas, evaluating controls, and delivering sound solutions – all leading to a safer Vanguard for clients and crew.
As a Senior Auditor, your typical day includes:
- Conducting audit interviews to determine the scope of the audit and testing approach.
- Developing audit programs using critical analysis and strategic thinking.
- Developing staff by identifying and communicating meaningful feedback.
- Proactively managing risk with business areas and other risk assurance providers.
- Providing recommendations and documentation to Internal Audit and business leaders.
- Developing and maintaining an understanding of constituent business areas, and their related technology, products, supporting functions, and potential risks.
- Applying and maintaining knowledge of industry standard practices and regulations.
- Training greener auditors on Internal Audit processes and methodology as well as business lines and related systems.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. (BS or BA in a business related field of concentration preferred).
- A minimum of three to five years audit experience.
- Project management skills.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel preferred.
- Progress toward obtaining a professional certification or advanced degree (e.g., CPA, CIA, MBA).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and problem solving skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong client focus/relationship skills.
- Strong time management skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top