Senior Artificial Intelligence (AI) Machine Learning (ML) Engineer
The Center for Analytics and Insights IT team is looking for a Senior engineer that is well-seasoned in implementing and developing data science IT solutions. The chosen candidate will partner with the Center for Analytics and Insights Data Scientists and Data Engineers to operationalize models and deliver insights to the business. The chosen candidate will provide expert level IT technical lead services, including the direction, evaluation, selection, configuration, implementation, and integration of new and existing technologies and tools while working closely with IT team members, data scientists, and data engineers to build AI and Data products.
For this role, you should be...
- A graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science or equivalent training and experience. Concentrations in AI/ML preferred.
- Proficient with Python, R, Java, and other important ML and analytics languages (e.g. R, Scala).
- Experienced with building solutions on AWS
To really excel in this role, you should be...
- Passionate about the application of Data Science to solve problems
- Proficient in full stack development
- Resourceful, able to drive towards results in a start-up style environment
- Is enthusiastic about sharing knowledge and collaborating with other teams
- An enthusiastic self-starter and team player
- An excellent analytical and problem-solver
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent
- 5 - 7 years of experience designing, developing, integrating and running business, big data and/or data science applications
- 5 - 7 years of experience with software engineering processes and software development life cycles
- Background in Big Data, Distributed Computing, Analytics
- Must be proficient with Python and/or R.
- Experience with design patterns and implementation and deployment AI and/or data science products.
- Experience using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- 5 - 7 years of experience building, deploying and scaling applications in AWS
- Strong problem solving skills and capability to understand and set direction for complex technology integration
- Understanding and focus on business outcomes
- Strong teamwork skills
- Proficient with Atlassian and AWS
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Background in Data Science, Mathematics or Statistics
- Knowledge of data engineering and experience with big data
- Linux and shell scripting expertise
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Proficiency with scalable data extraction tools (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Proficiency with Scala, Spark, Java and/or SAS
- Experienced in using AI/ML platforms, technologies, techniques (e.g. TensorFlow, Apache MXnet, Theano, Keras, CNTK, scikit-learn, H2O, Spark MLlib, etc).
- Experience developing, testing and deploying APIs
- Experience building applications based on Microservices Architecture
- AWS Certification
- Familiar with techniques such as continuous delivery and continuous integration
- Experienced with deploying and managing infrastructures based on Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenStack, and public Clouds such as Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
Vanguard does not offer Visa sponsorship for this position
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top