Would you like to join one of the most exciting programs at Vanguard? Do you have a passion for working in the cloud and being at the forefront of new technologies? We are searching for a senior developer that will be part of our Retail Contact Center Transformation Program! This person will be working closely with the program leadership on upgrading business functionality using AWS and Genesys pure cloud technologies. This role is part of a program that breaks up the "Phonolith - Vanguard Telephony System" into micro-services and enable the new Contact Center as Service (CCaaS) platform.
You will be part of a team that:
- Builds applications on AWS platforms
- Develop in PCF and ECS architecture
- Elevate through IaC and NGA pipeline
- Creation of telemetry for applications using Splunk
- Develop experience in web-based technology and in AWS
In this role you will:
- Work with your team and triad to ensure the viability of IT work. Recommend development options, including design and build. Conduct testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- Participate in crafting the technological architecture of services with the help of the team; Guide your team on technology strategy related to coding practices, continuous integration, and automated deployment
- Engage in coding and development to help your team elevate solutions and seek to resolve all surfacing problems at hand while identifying and removing technical impediments
- Identify potential solutions. Resolve issues uncovered by testers and internal clients.
- Connect with Tech Lead, the product owner and project coordinator on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates.
- Document and diagram (e.g. system specifications and AR diagrams). Write documentation, including technical standards and processes.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Five years' experience in technical specialty.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- On call: 24/7 weekly support on a rotating schedule
- Specializations that'll make an impact
- AWS cloud architecture, Micro service architecture, Java, RESTful services, Angular, XML, Python
- Cucumber, JUnit, Mockito, PACT Testing, Security Testing, etc.
- Sophisticated knowledge of a wide range of technologies within technical specialty - from state of the art to legacy systems
- Experienced knowledge of one or more IT platforms: AS/400, Client/server, IBM mainframe, Microsoft Windows NT, OS/390, UNIX, Telephony Platforms, Cloud Technologies
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.